"scary" stories (even more than me)

M

Hi all. Something very scary happened to me last night and I just cant take it out of my mind. I consider it supernatural although I do not believe in anything like that and thats why I cant stop thinking about it. I only talked about it to my brother. He thinks it was an illusin or a dream. I swear it was not. It was real. I just cant find any (rational) explanation. Before I say what it is (just want to prevent myself from all the sarcasm that will follow:-))... has anyone had any experience that scared them to death?

U

yeah, almost dying from a vitamin tablet 4 weeks ago.

Tell us now!

D

on several occasions, a few have rational explanations and a few that didn't. Two I can recall especially to this day and they still freak the living daylights out of me!

I

Don't get me started - the list is endless. I've always encountered strange experiences. And it's not just that I'm often up late, alone and in the dark, sleep deprived! Although still healthily sceptical, the mounting evidence over years at different times and places has swayed me... I'm more scared of people than ghosts though.

Go on - tell us!

M

Ok guys. I ll tell you my story although noone else did.

Last night I was cleaning my room; it is something that I do not do very often but when I finally do it I want it perfectly done. So I put all the clothes nicely in the wardrobe after having folded and buttoned each of the jackets/jumpers/blouses-whatever that has buttons. This is something I always do when I put clothes in the right place (call it excessive compulsive disorder).

M

So after doing that and feeling good with myself(!) I opened the door to exit the room and at the same flat of the halls where I live. I saw it was cooler than I thought and got in again to pick up a coat or something. When I opened the wardrobe, to my surprise (and FEAR) I saw all of the clothes I had just put there in order, ALL IN A MESS and ALL UNBUTTONED. I screamed immediately and made a step back to the wall as if someone was threatening me with a knife. I run out of the flat and refused to go in and sleep there by myself. I went to a neighbour and told the story. We came in together to check and the clothes were still in a mess.

I spent the night talking on the phone with my brother in Greece! I get very scared when I think about it as I am 100% sure that I had folded every single blouse and buttoned everything.

U

are you sure nobody entered your room whilst you went outside? Also, can you think of a specific time (clockwise) when you started buttoning your shirts? How long did it take you and what did you do before? This might help you to find out if you really did it or were just planning to do so...if not, then the only explanation is:

You have a ghost in your room

U

the last sentence without sarcasm, btw.

Strange things happen in this world and some things cannot be explained

M

Listen: I am sure I was alone in the room. It is just a single room and I live alone here. I share a kitchen with other 7 people but everyone has their own room/bathroom so we are all locked in so to speak. Noone was in my room, noone entered and I know that from the moment I closed the wardrobe to the moment I opened it again, it wasnt more than 30 seconds. And noone else did it during this time! I am very scared about it, I really dont know what happened, I am really sure that it is not "in my mind" or that I was tired/sleepy/hallucinating or anything else. It is just unexplained!!! And scary!

M

YOUR turn guys!

I

Of all the thing's I've had, the closest to your experience was when I was only 17 and had just recently left home. The bedsit was in a shared house - I had a kitchen/dining room and bedroom/living room with a lockable door into the rest of the house (our floor shared a bathroom). My bf came round and we were getting ready to go out in the bathroom - I always slammed the door locked to my room...

I

...After washing my hair we went back up the corridor and as I unlocked the door and pushed it open, the light turned on and the whole flex and light shade were spinning in a circle. We just stood in the doorway and stared. Noone could have got in and the ceilings were very high - we experimented with the draught theory, but the movement was much too violent for that. Thank God I wasn't alone!

I

Oh, and there was the time when I went upstairs (in a different house) and the picture on the landing was hung upside down. It wasn't me and my daughter was only 1! Noone else lived there or had visited that day. Just a practical joke? I guess ghosts can get bored too

M

Jesus! So, what do you think about it now? What else has happened to you since then? It seems you have many experiences like that. Was this one the scariest? I will be surprised if not!

S

Nothing similar has ever happened to me but my mum (who is not religious) says that she has seen an angel! Also a friend of mine had told me when her dad died, that for a period of time after his death, the lights in their house were going off and on by themselves at a specific time of the night! Weird! I dont have reasons not to trust these people (especially my mum ), but it is just me that I cant believe in such things (opps, I d better check into my wardrobe).