"scary" stories (even more than me)

I

Most dramatic! Smaller things like a glass smashing in a perfect circle or just footsteps. When my babies were born I could smell cigarette smoke in the nursery each time. I like to think that it was my dad coming to have a look at his grandchildren - I promise there was no other explanation for the smell (systematically eliminated each idea). Like I said, people are scarier, although I still have a thing about the devil in mirrors, but that'll be my Catholic upbringing!

M

Are there any famous urban legends in England? In greece every single village has their own.... I doubt that any of these stories is true...

Now I live on campus where there are usually many rumors about student suicides etc but this is in every city I have been.

Do you know any true scary event?

M

For some reason, I get scared when I hear the phone ringing in the middle of the night. It may be something from my childhood that I no longer remember or something like that. I almost panic when I hear the pohone during the night. Or maybe I have wateched many horror movies....

M

Insomniac, tell us more!

J

One of my neighbours was telling me that a teddy bear moved from the sofa to the chair on the other side of the room when she was seeing her realitives out of the front door on xmas day!

She said all sorts of wierd things happen to her she has seen, felt and heard things. She has also had a near death experience where she saw her dead relatives.

I find this sort of thing really interesting. Nothing has hapened to me apart from I think I have seen some of my old cats.

J

I'm scared if the phone rings in the middle of night. I think thats because if someone rings that late its usually bad news

S

ditto the phone - it usuaully means an old relative is really sick/dying.

S

"usually"

R

I've never had any of these kinds of hings happen o me. But I have once thought the same though as someone else. I was in my room in my house on MSN.My boyf lived a few houses down and he was also online. Suddenly I though 'he plays for rugby' for no apparent reason-I was just doing my coursework and not thinking about rugby myself and I dont even like rugby. ut then I decided to ask david whether he was thinking 'he plays for rugby' and he was. He said he was looking at a rugby website and got all spooked thinking I was in the room lol.

R

But then again he could have just been humouring me, but trust me he' not a guy with that kind of humour.

I

Hi Maria_Z, how're you feeling now? I've been v. busy for the last few days, so hope your spooks have passed anyway. I forget to tell you how natural the whole thing is - we just stop looking, I think. You've probably heard that children have most experiences? When my daughter was a baby, but sleeping through the night, I thought it was time I had a night out - that was the night she chose to wake up and not sleep til I came home. It happened all the time, like she could sense I wasn't there.