Southern Food in Britain

M

Olivia, I guess Southern Food is popular in your particular town/city (like Indian restaurants in Manchester). Apart from KFC, I've never really come across any such restaurants, unless one ventures into south London where there are a number of fried chicken places that are awfully similar to KFC (but not quite similar enough to raise the eyebrow of a lawyer).

I often have a hankering for good Mexican or New Mexican food - which is really hard to find in the UK.

J

"Black and Tan"? That's a highly contentious name for a drink, at least for those of Irish descent.

You're on safer grounds with Yorkshire Guiness (Mackeson Stout, if I remember correctly).

;-)

What do you think of Chicago Town pizza, Olivia?

O

Quote From missspacey:

I often have a hankering for good Mexican or New Mexican food - which is really hard to find in the UK.

Agreed Missspacey--that sort of food very different than Spanish sort of food found in tapas restaurants, which is great food in its own right---but great Mexican, New Mexican or Tex Mex...seems to be in short supply. I can find the occasional chicken fajita wrap ( say at Boots of all places!) but its not the same thing at all as a proper chicken fajita!

S

Well...you are cordially invited to my house for billy style fajitahs! I make two...one with beef steak, and lots of onion, and peppers and a salsa made with radishes and toms. Or turkey fajitahs with spring onions and red pepper and lots of spices this one is served with mango chutney. All served with wraps, avacado, lettace and sour cream! Not true mexican but damn tasty!

Although...might have a logistical problem as i know you are up in the north and i am down south!

S

PS...sorry for rubbish spelling...i can't edit any of my posts!