two for joy? [baked in a postgraduate pie]

C

magpie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! My brother had a starling that died in the gutter outside his wondow whilst dad was in Africa. It was the height or summer and we could watch it decay but my brother couldn't open the window!

hah! lol

J

how is that funny?

C

Becuase when you are a ten year old boy that kind of thing is funny! Well I still think that it is funny that my brother couldn't open his window for most of the summer!

C

This thread was referring to one left by Sue a few days ago....

S

yeah, but I don't understand what you mean really (confused). Why are you happy? And girls don't like watching birds decay (girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice - boys are made of slugs and snails and puppy dogs' tails )

H

quite a few men(boys) are just slugs in general

S

I always wondered where birds went to die. The only dead ones I ever see are pigeons (no great loss there).

window was stuck? then it's funny but not soooo funny

C

Aj!!!!!!

The window wasn't suck - my brother could have opened it, but he if he did he got the horrible smell of decaying bird waft in! So it stayed shut. For me, that is funny.

I guess I just have a weird sense of humour.

I

kids like to see their siblings suffer - i get it. but you had to be there... and it had to be your sibling.

C

Right. I thought it was funny in light of Sue's recent bird problem. I shant post obscure humour again.

S

Now I'm going to contradict myself a wee bit - I understood the humour about the smell, window etc (don't think it was obscure at all), but in an anecdotal kind of way. I don't understand the message title though... (I know the rhyme)

C

Well, you had written a post about one dead magpie. So I thought I would write a second message to make it 'two for joy' instead of the one for sorrow. And then I remembered the '4 and 20 blackbirds bake in a pie' rhyme...so added that, but made it into a postgraduate pie.

So basically it went a bit crazy on the nursery rhymes!

S

Sing a song of sixpence...