Which username on this forum do you like the most?

I'd like to buy Badhaircut's name from him, because it's a very good username :-)

Which one is your favourite?

ok, it looks like it's only me who pays attention to user names, in order to avoid work. In that case, I will tell the other names I really like here. Piglet, thecoastman, LostinOz and pea. I want to change my username to something nice like those ones

T

I wish I'd knoked the 'the' off my name.

I think thecoastman sounds more precise and confident than coastman. But coastman sounds more friendly. Hmmm... decisions decisions

T

Thecoastman also sounds more super-hero like too.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? etc.

true

S

hmm, I don't know about that...we don't have thespiderman, thesuperman, thebananaman (you get the idea). I didn't put a lot of effort into my username. I guess I like pea or piglet best of the regulars.

F

I think thecoastman sounds much more confident too, the only coastman!

I like pea and piglet too. I wish we had avatars, they could have some great ones.

T

Ah dammit. Now I wish I'd called myself banana man.

A

Yes Sue, mine didn't involve a lot of thought either...well, maybe a lot of thought by my parents 30-odd years ago but not by me!

I was searching for food supplements and fish oil on the internet, and clicked -I'm feeling lucky- on google. It took me to a thread on a health forum, with the poster's username "excemaman". That does not sound like a super hero to me

P

I think there are lots of nice usernames on this forum.
In real FTF life I think all my friends are good looking, not because they are more attractive than the rest of the human race but because I love them and think they are nice kind people - ergo they become more attractive to me. I think its the same with the usernames.
OK sometimes there is argy bargy on here and people are quite brusque but in the main most people are very giving and sweet, so I associate the usernames with the niceness.

However badhaircut does make me smile as a username everytime I see his/her posts. Its a great choice. I am considering changing my name to 'Nu' Pea or MrsNigelBarker though. 404 I hope you keep being 404, but you could also think about becoming 'Nu'404

lol pea. I'll do that on Nu Postgrad Forum.

K

I have just joined and I agree with people's choices of their favourite names. I like "thecoastman" because I envisage someone with long sun bleached hair in a big woolly jumper standing on a cliff edge facing the wind?!? I could of course be very wrong.. but that's the beauty of nicknames eh?

I agree. Welcome to the forum katesays