All from UK?

H

hallo Rick,

Ja hoor nog lekker Nederlands dat gaat er nooit af. Wel gebruik ik af en toe engelse woorden in mijn Nederlands vooral als ik het over mijn studie heb. Waar studeer je? I studeer momenteel in Swinburne University in Melbourne, maar ben net verhuisd naar Perth. ik ben nu in mijn laatste jaar dus external. Wat studeer je?

C

I wish I could join in! I'm from Germany but have lived in the UK since I was 6 years old. But, I'm Dutch too. But I don't speak the language :(

H

that's ok, I just told Rick that i still speak Dutch but use english words here and there...and i asked him where he studied, so hello claudia...hoe gaat het? How are you? You seem a great celtic mix...dutch from germany and living in the UK...truly cosmopolitan.

P

I was born in the UK but grew up in South Africa where I did my degree in Afrikaans and married a South African/ half Afrikaans man. I can understand and read Dutch and if I speak or write Afrikaans, Dutch people can understand me, the languages are very close. So, I understood every word I have been back in the UK since I was married many moons ago

J

Mag ik spelen; ik spreek ook een beetje Nederlands (maar erg heel slecht). Ik heb bewondering voor Nederlanders: ze kan zoveel talen kunnen spreken

P

lol, juno

J

(I've found I often speak Dutch back to front)

R

Hi Hermaatje,

well seems that there are a lot more dutch / afrikaans / people who understand the language that I thought. Maybe we could set up a dutch forum!
To answer your questions I have studied medicine in Nymegen, then went to the UK and finished my studies there. I work as GP in Germany and do research at the university in Hannover.

Like you I am trying to develop a questionnaire. How is your going regarding issues like validity, reliability, Cronbach alpha etc. I find it quite complicated!

How are things in Perth? Is it a nice city? How is the weather like?

Regards

Rick

J

What's your favourite Dutch food? I've become very partial to boterkoek

F

Ek kan ook Afrikaans praat. Dis lekker, ne? Hierdie form het baie slim mense!

P

Ja, dis n goeie plek om al jou probleme te kome afle en om baie goeie informasie te kry.
(Yes, it is a good place to come and offload all your problems and get good advice )

P

'kom' nie 'kome', jammer!

'come' not 'coming', sorry! Rusty!!!

J

Oooh, not used to Afrikaans. That's weird

I saw a poem written in Groningen-language today, that was also very odd to my eyes.

Ik denk dat wij in een nieuwe Nederlands thread zouden schrijven, (over boterkoek)

J

I can sing my first Dutch song now:

Poesje mauw
Kom eens gauw
Ik heb lekker melk vor jouw

(I am singing it, honest)

J

don't know why that song reminds me of a cat. :- ) sorry juno.