almost there with a 15,000 word chapter...but soooooooo bored...

C

Argh! So bored of my chapter and I have to finish it by Monday. About 2,500 words left to write. I have the sources and stuff, and know what I want to write, just feel tired and apathetic.

Groan. The last day or so is always a nightmare...

T

In almost the same position only I am not so much writing and editing and believe you me, editing is much much more boring. But like you, I have a Monday deadline too so no chance of a rest.

Just having a short break now (hence the peek into forum) and will be back to the chapter in about 10 minutes. Maybe make myself a coffee. You?

C

I think I shall have a peppermint and eucalyptus tea: I love the way it makes me feel like a koala all drugged up and lethargic on eucalyptus fumes!

I've decided to write my conclusion tonight. Then it will give me hope to finish my monster of the last section.

I'll be checking the forum later, fancy monitoring each others progress?

T

OK, I'm hoping to knock the 2nd section into shape and get a start on the last bit before I go to bed in about 2 to 3 hours.

Eucalyptus tea sounds very interesting but nothing else but caffeine is going to get me through this I think.

C

The caffine doesn't rear its headachy head before 11pm.

Good luck. Lets see if we can have our tasks done by 23:30

T

Okey-doke, talk to you then...

A

Howdy, Mind if i join you guys? I've got a similar deadline and have a discussion to complete for one of my chapters for Monday.

I feel a caffeine blast coming on!

M

Me too :) I feel the apathy!

Deadline is Tuesday - and I only have half of the wordcount done I've never left it so late before.

Having 'I'd Do Anything' and 'Britain's Got (No) Talent' on in the background helps relieve the boredom.

T

Oh no...I'm fading fast, hence another peek. Hiya missspacey and ANG.

C

Of course! Join, join!

Sigh. Words in conclusion = 0. Knock to self esteem = 1

T

My word count's going up and down like a yoyo. Add a few words here, take a few words off there . Sigh.

Still, I hear it is supposed to make the final thesis a better piece, I wished.

C

Evening all, I'm here too...I have a monday deadline, just finished 7500 words which need some major editting (always takes longer to do than I expect) and then write a conclusion which needs to explain the entire universe. Or at least it feels that way

This is the biggest social gathering I've attended for a while! How very sad!

C

lol

Now I really must write. See you at 23:30.

Something to motivate you...

Alltaf er leið! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fRKJgQfvD8

Furðuverkin gerast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFOXgRdeJw

A

15,000 words is a very long chapter.

Wait till you get it back from your supervisors asking you to write it again!

C

Tell me about it!!!!

I'll get.....hmmm..."narrative"..."filler"....."too descriptive"...ooohhh, a "paragraph of interpretation and analysis"...narrative....filler.......