Born on the 30th of Jan? Let's take the day off today :-)

lol @ H. Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Pea, 33 is now tried and tested, you can safely turn 33 nothing bad happens.

J

Rooster: "A pioneer in spirit, devoted to work and knowledge, but eccentric. Rabbits are trouble for you. Snakes and Oxen are fine."
Good old Silver City Takeaway.

S

It was my birthday yesterday too, but I was born a decade later, just turned 23. Think I'm a rat, hardly very glamorous, what does it say about them?

J

Happy birthday for yesterday. Ahem: "Ambitious yet honest, but prone to spend freely. Seldom make lasting friendships. Compatible with Dragons and Monkeys. Least compatible with Horses."

Happy birthday for yesterday son_of_a_beesting. I hope you had a nice day. Talking about rats, one of my cats brought in a huge rat as a present to us this morning. I have to admit, it was not the best of dead animals to see first thing in the morning.

H

son_of_a_beesting because you are born before the Chinese new year, doesn't that mean you are the sign from the year before?

I think you are a pig

What about pigs Juno?

J

Hmm, didn't think of that. I'm '76, so it says I'm a dragon, ut I was born after Chinese New Year.
Pigs: Noble and chivalrous! Who'd have thought it. And this is the year of the Pig, too.

I fancy a bacon sandwich now, though I'm contemplating vegetarianism so maybe not. What can veggies eat if they don't like cheese or eggs much?

H

Tofu, Quorn, beans (you will get a tad gaseous), lentils....etc

H

Why are you considering becoming veggie Juno?

lol juno...

J

Well, I like animals so much that I think I can no longer reconcile myself to eating them, that's all. I don't think I'll miss meat too much but I love fish, but since fish feel pain too I guess that'll have to go.

I like tofu already, that's a start.

S

404:

juno: I'm trying to cut out meat too, for a similar reason, I just don't like the thought of it anymore. I think what I like most about food is FLAVOUR, and I don't think I'd miss meat at all, it's just that for every veggie option you're offered in the shops there are about 50 meat options - take lunchtime for an example. The sandwich shops up the street from my building all proudly display their vegetarian options on the board, but do they actually have them? no! I get so sick of it, I wander around at lunchtime looking for something I actually want to eat

J

Sue: yes, I'm giving it a trial run but I miss fish. And the veggie option always seems to be cheese which I don't really like (fussy bugger, me). Don't want to end up putting weight on, at least fist was low fat, whereas cheese/humus/eggs (the usual non-meat offerings) are all quite unhealthy.