broke....... any money making ideas.....

O

3. PinkNEuron: yes, you can be proud on the achievements of your children.

My whole point was about something different though, so please read again what I've written above. This discussion is not about your children, it's about homeschooling. Or originally about "how to make money", sorry Driven for hijacking this thread.

O

Having said that, I'm not usually taking the grudge for anything, so let's just all take our hands and be friends again. After all, we are all PhD students trying to get through this difficult phase of our lives and should be polite and helpful. So if I offended anybody I would like to speak out my apologies hereby.

C

Otto, we all understand that it wasn't your intention to offend anyone. However, when you express a general statement like: 'all I'm saying is, homeschooling is crap', perhaps it is likely to be taken personally by people who adopt this method for their children.
If someone would express a general opinion using the same terminology about doing a PhD, I bet that you would feel touched, because this is what you chose to do for your own good reasons. It's not matter of expressing an opinion, but how we express it. We have a great opportunity here to get in touch with other people who can understand our problems and help us to deal with them. Shall we move on now?

C

Ooops! I didn't read the last bit. Now I have to apologize!
Well done Otto.

H

Otto, of course you are allowed to have an opinion but I don't really see what your opinion is based on and it was crap (thats my opinion on your opinion) and you had no right to basically tell PinkNeuron that the way she brings up her children is crap when you dont know her or her children.

Do you know anyone who was homeschooled? Do you know anyone personally who homeschools? I've actually looked it up in the past as I was quite intrigued, wondering about the children interaction. It happens that parents that homeschool actually set up groups (quite big ones) where they meet, their children meet etc. I know of at least one person who was homeschooled and is happily doing a phd now at a "proper" university.

H

Last point, I think you should take a closer look at what the UK education system is really like.

End of me being offended on behalf of homeschooled children and parents.

J

Generalizing is never a good idea...but in response to the "do you know anyone who homeschools" question: yes, I do, and in that person's case "home-schooling" equals "no-schooling".

I'm sure that most parents do it with the best of intentions, but I think that the child's education should be monitored as closely as schoolteachers' performances are monitored. An education is too important to play around with.

W

http://www.fundmydegree.com

£400 for me so far!

are juno and otto same people? I thought that question was for Otto, but then juno answered; I'm confused because I was sure that I was reading Otto's answer. hmmmm I must be going mad.

O

LOL@404. I can assure you, me and Juno are def. not the same person (we also have different gender, I believe)

P

Puppies!
See Otto, I have moved on from Homeschooling

Today, I loaned money from my dearly beloved to buy a husband for my ShihTzu who only has one thing on her mind. He is only 7 weeks at the moment but next year, they will have beautiful puppies which I will sell. But, if they are very cute, I may end up with more ShihTzus and more debt......back at square one.

J

'JoJo, that's the biggest crap I've ever read. We are not talking about past threads here and you clearly did not read or understand what I've written at the beginning of the thread. So just read it again or shut up with your brainless comments.' My philosophy on this is simple. Don't argue with a fool, otherwise no one will know the difference.

P

People, can we all just try to be a little bit friendlier to each other? It is possible to disagree and debate without being childish about it. I want happy humans on this forum.

R

"I want happy humans on this forum."

Don't thank me