Deadline is this summer - let's do it together!

D

Just to update, my recent telephone conversations have resulted in a viva date offer. Just got to get leave for hubby and my hotel is booked! Looks like the game is on!!!

A

C8-)8-)L Dunni, great news (up)

S

Great news Dunni!

(up)

P

Good morning ladies :)

Well, I've had a lovely two-weeks off, went to Isle of Skye for a few days, and went hiking in the lakes in between just chilling :) It's been so amazing to have this break, without the thesis 'hanging over me'. I'm so happy that it's almost done! Going to be getting my feedback from my supervisor tomorrow, I'm hoping that there are not too much work on top of what I already know to fix (such as my stats are iffy).

Dunni, I am so glad that they've managed to sort out a date for you! Is the viva soon? I hope it doesn't clash with your house move? You must be so happy!

Ady - Totally understand what you went through on your way home from your lovely trip to Paris. Don't let it get to you though, because you know that worrying and getting stressed is NOT going to improve your thesis in any way. Try just focusing on having fun for a bit (it's hard!!), which will help to clear your mind, and then you can approach your thesis with a fresh view.

Slowmo - How did your feedback go?

D

Viva date all sorted for first week in july. Have to say I am feeling rather apprehensive and anxious about this, just like all of the other pre-viva posts! So 4 weeks to go, action plan devised and hoping to get working on this efficiently.......no more sitting with feet up in the evenings lol.

Hope the sups feedback goes well Ady, Slowmo and Pink Numbers.

F

Hi All!

I've just had 5 weeks off, and I'm feeling so much better. The time off gave me enough time to get some perspective on how my thesis currently is and the clashes that I've been having with my sup. I'm now really keen to have it in to get on with the rest of my life, and I think I know what I need to do to get it in.

My sups have the full draft (minus the discussion) at the moment and are going over it. The discussion is a few weeks from being fully drafted, so while I'm not looking at a UK summer submission, it will be in before the end of the year (Aussie summer).

Good to see that everyone is progressing well. Well done Dunnie on getting your viva date!

A

Hi All

Goood to hear from you again Fm, an Aussie summer sounds good (up).

The Isle of Skye sounds lovely, have never been or indeed know much about it but maybe one day...

Dunni, first week in July is a nice date - not too far but not too close! Steady evening prep sounds a like a good plan. Keep going, you're nearly there :-)

Good luck everybody else, Slowmo, Globetrotter and all else who are looking to submit this year.

S

Hey,

Good to hear how everyone is doing. Dunni that is soon but just think - soon it will all be over and done with. Easy for me to say though!

I am a bit stressed as I am still waiting for feedback and the anxiety is just building up about what is going to happen. I've noticed so many errors in my thesis since I submitted it too which isn't helping increase my confidence! When I sent it in they said two weeks for feedback and it has been almost three weeks and still no meeting date. I know they have lots of other work on but I am going a bit crazy! Anyway, hopefully not too much longer.

S

Hey,

Good to hear how everyone is doing. Dunni that is soon but just think - soon it will all be over and done with. Easy for me to say though!

I am a bit stressed as I am still waiting for feedback and the anxiety is just building up about what is going to happen. I've noticed so many errors in my thesis since I submitted it too which isn't helping increase my confidence! When I sent it in they said two weeks for feedback and it has been almost three weeks and still no meeting date. I know they have lots of other work on but I am going a bit crazy! Anyway, hopefully not too much longer.

A

Hi Slowmo

That wait for draft feedback is pretty tortuous, I know. My supv and I had our 'big talk' today. He gave me feedback on my first full draft which to be fair to him he had not seen all of before. I have to merge two chapters, write a further short additional contextual chapter, and numerous other edits. I was terrified that he was going to advise submitting later than summer but we have agreed that it should be fully ready by September so I'm happy with that. He knows what he's doing and it's only me getting antsy wanting to submit earlier than I should. the thoughts of facing back in to it tomorrow doesn't exactly fill me with happiness though! Some of the edits are easy, some less so but all of them I can see will make it stronger. All his comments were prefaced with the notion that he is trying to make it go through examination (and viva) as easily as possible. Working on 'til September I can take, and do!! He was actually chair of a viva this morning so as I say he def knows what he is talking about.

Hope your feedback comes through soon Slowmo but I feel your draft was closer to final submission quality than mine so here's hoping you get good news soon :-)

D

Ady, that is great news that you are on track for submission in september! I also had to merge two chapters where the experiments were very similar and the conclusions were the same so it made sense to avoid repetition. I too added a small chapter just on data handling, taking out several repeated sections from each of the methodology chapters. The comments I had were constructive and definitely improved the overall flow of my thesis. I know it is hard to muster the motivation to write again, but remember that you are so close to submitting. Just another few months and it will be done. (up)

S

I just met with my supervisors and they told me that I could submit my thesis now and it would pass but with four weeks more work it will be a much better pass! I got so overwhelmed when they told me that I burst into tears and had to go to the toilet! I am so, so, so, so, so HAPPY! Quite a bit to fix up in the next four weeks but mostly just formatting and that sort of thing. I actually am in a state of disbelief!

A

Believe it! That's great news Slowmo, congrats :-)

D

Well done slowmo, just another few weeks to submission! Its great to hear progress amongst us summer submitters, keep going everyone (up)

P

Hi Ladies, I think I'm in crisis mode :-(

So I'm now, 37days away from end of my registrations.

The last chapter (before the conclusion) has been ripped apart and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I'm having to move out of my house

I'm living in a hotel, trying to look for a flat to move into

My ex-husband rang up this week saying he's finally ready to give me a divorce (after 11 sodding years of seperation)

I've no idea how I'm going to get everything done. The simple solution is to get an extension on the thesis, but I reaaaaaallllllyyyyyy don't want to, since it's taken so long to get this far.

Sorry, I just needed to rant.