Deadline is this summer - let's do it together!

D

I've got myself an accountability partner from your suggested thread, cheers Ady. Let's see how it works! Have a good evening

D

How's everyone doing today?

D

Well I am very nervous today and am about to drive 3 hours to uni in readiness for my viva tomorrow morning! I have been scaling down the prep for the last few days, just re-reading notes I have made. I am hoping for a relaxing evening and trying to put the viva into perspective! Oh well, done all I can now. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow sometime!

Hope everyone is progressing well to submission deadlines (up)

S

Hi Dunni,

Best of luck for tomorrow! I will have everything crossed for you. I think you should listen to eye of the tiger on repeat in preparation, haha. Good luck.

As for me I am in zombie land but submission next week is going to happen. My thesis was read yesterday by someone who helped me a lot with fieldwork and she gave me some really lovely feedback. I am feeling semi ok about it now, but my conclusion still needs final bit of work which I will do tomorrow.

Good luck again - look forward to hearing how it goes (up)

A

Best of luck Dunni; try to enjoy the comforts of a hotel before your big day tomorrow. Looking forwrd to hearing back from you (up)

D

Good luck Dunni with your viva! You'll be great, just remember that no one knows more about your work than you :)

P

Dunni, I really hope tomorrow goes superbly for you!

you have worked so hard and supported all of us through our own stresses. If anyone deserves a great viva, it's you :)

K

Loads of luck Dunni! Will be keeping an eye out tomorrow for your good news! Best, KB

J

Goodluck Dunni. You've prepared the best you can, so try to relax. You'll do a great job!

D

Hello to all the lovely summer submitters!  It is done, all over, yippee! So had a very relaxing night in the hotel with some swimming, entertaining tv and NO viva prep at all - took everyone's advice and didn't do a thing which really helped the nerves.  Viva was at 1030 and most of the questions/discussion with the external was about the differences between the lungs and my gas diffusion model. Some of the discussion really threw me as his expertise is in physiology whereas mine is in the circuitry and we had to meet somewhere in the middle!  There was no real Qs on the further experimental research utilising my model which he said was excellent. The viva prep didn't really help me as much as I hoped for the questions but at least it kept the subject alive for me.  The viva lasted for 2 hours and was very tough (gruelling really). My sup was really good in giving me a debrief during the deliberations.  So the verdict was pass with minor corrections! We discussed the minors (and other stuff) while having some lunch in the viva room.  Finally managed to escape for the four hour drive home via the disney store for a mickey mouse consolation prize for eldest toddler who was very upset that mummy had to go to school for a couple of days lol.  

I cannot thank you all enough for the help and support you have given me on this forum.

A

Massive congrats Dr. Dunni on successfully defending your thesis and for being first out of this thread! Your viva sound like it was a tough one so even more congrats on successfully getting through it.

Brill news (up)

P

Excellent news! Relax and enjoy your success. Congratulations and best wishes for the future.

S

Oh congratulations! I am so, so, so pleased for you! Brilliant news. It sounds tough but you rocked it - well done! Hope you can do something fun to celebrate :-)

P

Congratulations Dunni!! I just cheered out loud in my office for you!!

You have been an amazing and crucial part of this thread, keeping everyone going. If anyone deserves a PhD, it's you, so I am so glad that it all went well.

Now go and relax, you absolutely deserve it!

A

BTW Dunni, like the new mortar board - wear it with pride ;-)