Easter Weekend-Whats everyone up to?

S

I'm working at home today and tomorrow. Hubby has taken our daughter out. Yup. I'm, working hard. Yes I am. Right now in fact. Oh yes.No more internet peeping. Oh no.

Maybe just one more refresh before I get stuck in....

Finalising my final, final data prep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

T

hehe, I am working as well. why not just enjoy it? I wanna finish a journal paper this easter. and planning some other papers/works.. can't wait to see them getting published, nervious and excited..

O

I have to get the security to unlock the building to let me in and out! I feel sort of bad about making someone cross the campus to do this...but...fortunately I can still get to the vending machine with coffee. It appears the local grocery stores have all shut down for the Easter long weekend!

I am the only one in the department and this is great! I am enjoying it!

S

Only problem is I'm doing the absolutely most tedious aspect of the whole project - the data prep before the analysis. I guess there always has to be something tedious. And this is definitely it. Did I mention it was tedious?

I think I need more tea.

C

My back and neck is sore too, sjo4!! Think i must lean my head to one side when i type. Tis damaging to your health writing a thesis!!

C

I'm peering at tiny 18th century newsheet type. So tiny, so headache inducing!

S

There's a bottle of wine downstairs calling to me.

OK. So I complete 2 more files and I can have a glass. Or maybe one more file then one glass - another file - another glass......

O

That sounds so much better than coffee from the coffee vending machine. I am trying to decide how hard I really feel like working into the evening...I really should carry on because if not, I will just have to do it at some point over the next two days...

S

Man I'd kill for an ice cold beer, instead of writing this, hence there is no beer in my fridge -damn!

T

No beer in your fridge? A school boy mistake...

S

unfortunately deliberate

beer in fridge = no work

even when I try convince myself that I can have one while writing - no, no, no!

S

We have a bottle of some sort of coffee liqueur from a business trip and I have found it is the one thing you can drink and actually get more alert. I'm saving it for The Final Countdown to submission.

S

i just finished up a whole lot of things - so now i am taking it easy! the next 10 days or so will be devoted to important issues such as buying a new bike (my funding arrived), getting a cat from the local pet home, getting bureaucracy stuff done, cleaning up the house from top to bottom, going for walks (depending on the weather), watching DVDs, reading a good book, gardening, and the like. that's my vacation for this year.

S

Still working on the database today zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But at least I just heard WE SOLD OUR HOUSE AT LAST!

Is it snowing where you are? It's snowing a ton here but melting.

O

on the sale of your house, that is fantastic! I am sure that is a wonderful bit of news! It has snowed off and on where I am, but it seems to be melting, and there are odd bursts of brilliant sunshine, and then more snow and sleet and clouds.