Easter Weekend-Whats everyone up to?

S

I am really hoping the snow will lie overnight and then D can make a snowman in the morning (about 6 am yawn, so should still be cold enough).

Oh I am tired of looking at all these wretched numbers.

Was my old job really that bad.........?

M

writing my final discussion for thesis! Hurray! Unfortunately it's really difficult and has to be done by monday or my supervisor can't read it before I submit. Terror.

S

Wow Martha - congratulations on being about to submit.

M

Thanks. Still feels like there's a way to go, but should be all done in a week to 10 days. Can't wait!!!

S

Are you going to celebrate?

M

Yes! maybe the odd drink. and sleeeeep. And just generally not working!

L

writing away, but rented a few movies with the parents and will have the laptop with me so I can "feel like I'm being productive".

A

I'll be reviewing papers and watching some shows too...

O

I have had adventures getting access to the department, which is behind lock and key ,several alarms, a deadbolt or two, and a scary looking spiky iron fence that is about 10 feet high. I have to go into the Security Department and get them to let me in. First request--they said, oh yes, we recognise your accent, and didn't want any ID. Second request--we need ID. Fine...Third request....we need more kinds of ID...fine...

Yesterday I called to get released ( as I am literally locked into the building and even if I got out of it there is the matter of the 10 foot high spiky iron fence) and they said, well, you left hours ago.

??????????????

O

I was very puzzled. I said, no, I am still here, and they said, no you left at half past five. I said, well, no, actually, I am here, and I need out,please.

When they came to let me out they acted all cranky, going through this again. I thought to myself, if I dId leave at half past five, how on earth do they think I made it back in through the alarms, the spiky iron fence, the multiple deadbolts, etc! Good grief!