First Meeeting with Supervisor!

S

Hihi everyone!
I started my PhD 2 weeks ago~!

I just had my first meeeting with my supervisor!
Almost suffered a nervous breakdown when i was waiting for him at the lodge for over 15 mins!!!!!! (well, i got there early haha!)
He was definitely a lot a lot younger and thinner than i expected him to be~! hahaha~
The chat went reallly well and i felt sooo secured to have him!

OHOHOH, i also got my first "task" to do...
a bit difficult, am a bit lost here i must confess...
i have to put my 100K thesis into a one pager!
any advice on how to start???

thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssss

A

You could first write a few lines/paragraph summarising the key findings of each chapter.

S

thanksss Ann~!!!

so do i somehow postulate what i expect to find in 3 years time and then sum it up in a few paragraphs???

A

Ah, I see, when I read "I have to put my 100K thesis into a one page" I thought you had been asked to precis an existing thesis that you had produced (perhaps from a Masters, although I did think it impressively large!!).

In the case of a future thesis, well I would start by drawing up a very general plan for your 3 years (what you expect to achieve in each year) and then write a few sentences about the studies you plan to undertake. Obviously, you are not in a position (unless you have a crystal ball? ) to predict your results! Good luck with your PhD!

C

You have only just met your supervisor??? Did you not meet them before you started - like at an interview or tour of labs etc???

I find that a bit weird!

S

yes, it is my first time seeing him!

i didnt have to go through interviews... am studying law, so that's why i presume?