I'm new to this forum..Nice to meet you ALL

B

Rosy, thanks for posting your question on life in Canada - I am also from Ireland and often wondered about Canada. Maybe after the PhD who knows ---

R

Hi there bulbs nice to see a fellow Irish person! Whereabouts are you?

B

Hi Rosy, I am living in a small town south of Milton Keynes. I have been living in England now for 1 year. What about you?

W

Hi - another newie here. I'm in the UK, three months into a psrt time PhD.

L

hi Wanderer, thanks for saying 'hi': what are you studying?

R

Bulbs I'm still in good old Ireland for now! In waterford aka "the sunny south east" lol... That still cracks me up

O

I might qualify as a Canuck--South??? having spent my childhood in Detroit. My older sister told me that the toothfairy came from Windsor, Ontario, and I believed that for a long, long time. Sometimes I am taken for Canadian rather than a Yank--probably the Michiganer accent--when I am in the UK, but in this day and age, its perhaps better to be thought of as a Canadian than American!!!

J

Hey! Didn't want to start a new thread off to say hello, so thought i would add to this one I'm around three months into a biology PhD and this is my first post, thought it was about time as i have been a lurker for ages! Sorry! Nice to meet you all

L

hi Just Me! where are you from?

L

Hi Lynn,

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian. Where abouts are you from?

M

so if u sign up study

L

Hi Lindsay....I'm from Ontario...you? Funny, I have a friend with the exact same name....

S

Hi everyone!! Great to see students from everywhere. I'm from Canada (Quebec) and I know there is a lot of postgrad here from outside canada....especially from europe (I not just french ) But it seems to be harder to get in the UK system ?

Hi every one. I'm new to this forum too.
I guess all people commented on this thread so far (excluding myself) are now dr. I'm writing here:

1. To introduce my self: I'm a last year PhD student studying math/computer science in Australia.

2. To start a blog: Apparently there is a stupid rule that does not let me start blog without having 5 posts. Right now I wanted to blog about my PhD to reduce my stress and and to organise my thoughts regarding to my Phd.

3. To see if some one in the similar situation as mine is looking for an accountability partner to check on each other's progress and to keep ourselves motivated.