just joined today

K

I joined this evening and have really enjoyed reading what everyone has had to say. I get the impression that most people are writing from the UK. I am looking forward to learning and perhaps sharing ideas with people. Also, I was just wondering if there was anyone else from Ireland in the forum?

T

Hello!

K

hey coastman, how sad am I? looking at postgrad websites on a sunday evening!Still, hopefully I'll get to chat to people about the all consuming PhD life..

P

Hi
I am also a sad individual looking at the forum instead of sitting in the lounge with everyone watching 24!!
Where are you in your PhD or are you just starting?

S

here too - sad, sad. but at least we're all not alone
welcome kate!

K

I am 18 months into it but only piloting now. Had a few pit falls along the way. And you? Have you found this useful? being able to talk about it? There are only 2 of us in my Department and I am on my own a lot. I don't like to go on about it too much with friends.. I'm afraid they'll find it boring..

K

Thanks Shani, I am beginning to feel better already!

P

I am a newb....I only officially start in September but have started already as it is a big project to fit into 3 years and my Prof. wants me to publish 6 times...
This site has been my life saver (Thanks guys )

K

That's cool. I'm glad I found this now. Thanks for your reply!

J

hey katesays! am 20 months in. almost at the same level.

K

I feel like I'm only just starting though. so much reading and preparation. I feel daunted by what's ahead now but kind of excited too I suppose. Such an emotional rollercoaster eh?

P

Hi katesays. I am near the end of my PhD - submitted my thesis last week. Welcome to the forum!

P

Hello Katesays welcome to the forum.

G

Ireland, that sounds nice. Far better than rainy old Lancaster. I once looked at moving there, but property prices can be a bit eye-watering in Dublin.

K

oh we have plenty of rain believe me, but I live on the west coast. A LITTLE bit cheaper and a lot more scenic than Dublin.