just joined today

S

Hey there :o) I'm new to the forum too (as of last Friday at my wits end and found this doing a google search!)... wish i'd found it earlier as I'm 4 months off submitting (what an exciting sound!!! But what a MAMMOTH amount of work to do by then). I've bored my friends and family and boyfriend to tears with PhD moaning, so it's a lifesaver finding this site. Might save many friendships and my relationship!!! Good luck - I've found it an emotional rollercoaster. Nearly gave up half way through first year, managed to stick it out, but this 4th year has been a nightmare... love the research just hate writing up, the stress, no money, continual self-doubt... gosh don't i sound cheery?!!!! It's great. I love-hate it!

K

Hey Seabird, wow, 4 months off.. I cannot even imagine that.. It's a tough time too though I imagine. All you can do is keep focusd on the finish line and picture the wonderful times ahead when it is all over eh? Best of luck!

F

Welcome katesays, this forum is a great support and source of info. I hope you enjoy chatting here.

R

Hi katesays,

Yes there is at least one other Irish person on the forum... me!!! I just discovered it a short while ago also and have got some great advice so far! I am nearly 20 months into my PhD now, and I know what you mean about feeling like you are only getting started! I transferred from MSc to PhD about 2 months ago... as far I'm concerned I'm starting my PhD now, but as far as my supervisors are concerned I'm half way through, with only a year and a half to go!!!

Scary stuff... Anyway welcome to the forum, nice to have a fellow Irishwoman here!!!

K

thanks fluffymonster and hey Rosy, someone from Ireland, cool!