Link to study on PhD and depression

Hi, I found this today in amongst my research for other things and thought that it might be interesting to others as well. Apologies if it has already been posted. The study has a beautiful name by the way..(.hope when my very pedestrian Educational study is almost done, I can find something as evocative to replace my present functional PhD title...)

The topic is food for thought, especially during those dreary times of work when we want to toss it all in, and perhaps knowing that most of us feel this way at times, might give people the strength to work through the tough points and finish.

http://www.universityaffairs.ca/speculative-diction/my-grief-lies-all-within-phd-students-depression-attrition/

(The link hasn't gone blue on my post for some reason-btw-so if this link doesn't work as it should just type in

'my grief lies all within' phd and depression and it should come up as a search item on google.

I think I might add a link to that from my webpage / blog after I've given it a read.

The link does work by the way.

Ian (Mackem_Beefy)

D

Nothing worth doing is easy. I'm not sure about "clinical depression" (whatever that means) - some people may have reactive depression. At the end of the day, a PhD is not for some people. On the other hand, it is important that a lot of people feel overwhelmed at some stage in their PhD.