My Phd Blog

P

Yes, I have read the blog, that's what makes me suspicious.

Examples:

Tuesday, 29 April 2008

"I normally just rock up and chat about myself for an hour, and they never seem to mind. Do you guys prepare anything specific, a short skit, soliloquy, interpretive dance? Actually, my supervisors would love that- One guy in our research centre was recently asked to 'dance his life story' infront of a group of other researchers. He just span around in circles till he was allowed to stop and it moved someone to tears :)"

Tuesday, 22 April 2008

"I feel really bad that when she tries to have an academic debate with me, I just stare at her blankly and agree with everything she is saying, but I do love her, because as well as being wise she is great at baking, and normally brings me home made biscuits or treats. That's right, I'm so simple the rest of the PhDers reward me with biscuits. WOOF!"

R

She's just FUNNY you moron!!! It's called HUMOUR!!!

R

Anyway what on earth would be the point of having a 'hoax' blog???

Now now, lets try not to name call. just because one of you isn't being that friendly doesn't mean all of you should join in!!

R

I'm sorry, procrastinator

J

Why does that make you suspicious? I love what i do, and im very good at it, but im just not a stereotypical academic. Im sure there are many other PhD students who are just regular people with a passion who sometimes feel out of their depth. Im just bluntly honest about my insecurities and how i handle my PhD

J

P.S Thank you for sticking up for me Rosy (even if you did get your hand slapped :))

P

Well to me it just seemed like a p**s-take of jojo's blog and seeing as the name was so similar and the person had never posted anything here before, my suspicions were aroused. As to why someone would create a hoax blog, I have no idea, although reading through some comments on jojo's thread her posting wasn't unanimously well received.

Anyway, I take it back if jola is genuine, although I would warn that it's perhaps not the best idea to actively state how lazy you are. You never know how someone might find your identity on the web as nothing is truly anonymous.

J

You obviously think alot of yourself and your opinion, and thats fine, but forgive me for not taking your advice due to your lack of judgement (thinking that this was a fake blog and trying to 'expose me). Im a good student, i work hard, and im praised for that, but like most PhD students i have days when my mind is overworked and im not productive. Im not ashamed of this, and i dont think i have said anything to incriminate myself. In fact i think what you have said has only reflected badly on you

H

I didn't think it was a fake blog.

J

Thanks H- Its not x

P

jola,

nice blog. Keep it up as I will be visiting.

S

You still alive, jola? I miss your blog entries.

J

Thanks Sim!

To be honest i thought no one was reading it :) Its now updated,

Jola xx

B

Jola, I actually think it's nice to see another PhD student being honest about their lack of motivation. I have a terrible time with motivation, but can't talk to any fellow PhD students about it, because they're not open about things like that. If you're an open person who doesn't disguise your true feelings, it invariably follows that people will denigrate you, even if they're going through the same things themselves!!!