newbie!!!

J

i'm jealous :p i can't wait to start too...

N

biology rules! Although my project is more biochemistry based... still "bio" though 8-)

E

I just started this week too - actually next week is the 'proper' start of my MRes which forms the first year of my PhD, but I met the other people in the research group, got my desk set up etc, it's very exciting. For now the only 'mountain' I'm thinking about is the mountain of reading I have to do :)

N

What's your field of research Ephiny?

M

After years of being a postgrad administrator *I* am FINALLY a postgrad myself!!! Woo woo! I have now officially started (informally started looking at the literature during the summer) and am coming to the end of my second week. It's very exciting. It took so long and so many years to get here that sometimes I can't believe that I am actually here. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

:-)

I

Hi, I'm new too-just started on monday! I'm in cardiovascular medicine so another biology related one.

S

I just started this week too, I am in developmental medicine. So far really enjoying getting settled in and looking forward to really getting into the work!

T

Hi, I have also just started this week. It's quite daunting, especially as my project has quite a lot of scope, so I'm currently seeking out some direction (no luck looking under the bed). I will be in the field of ecophysiology, so another biologist here!

J

Started on monday...environmental chemistry

A

Hey,

I just started 1 week ago, and am getting into things. I had to move across Europe and am surprisingly settling in quite well. I am in environmental chemistry too Jock :)

D

Hello I've just started last week too... A full time social sciences, esrc case studentship. Have been browsing on here all summer but finally feel legitimate iyswim!

J

Hello all! It's so nice to introduce ourselves here. I hope this forum will be a good place for advice and exchange of opinions for all of us :-).

J

I am also starting a 1+3 ESRC studentship this week. Feel very overwhelmed by the whole thing at the moment, but hopefully that will subside once I get stuck into it. I'm also struggling for routine at the moment, but have been told it takes a few weeks or so to really get going.

Good luck all and I look forward to chattign with you over the next few years! *gulp*