Palaeontology

V

Hi ive just graduated with 2:1 Zoology degree im really intrested in a career palaeontology, particular in a lab based environment working on fossils but i am struggling to find any masters related to this, can some one offer any help?

i have been serching for ages, i am applying for good course at Bristol university, but surely there must be more corses out there in the whole of the UK! dose anyone know if there are any other universitys that run a masters in this area?

Please help!

Thanks Vicky x :-)

N

Manchester does research MScs in paleontology and palaeobotany. I think that course is probably lectured by Phil Manning, the palaeontologist who frequently appears on programs like fossil detectives, and other dino related things. Had him as one of my undergrad lecturers, he's a proper legend! (up) Overall its a damn good department, perfect i'm sure for what youre thinking of. Makes me wish I had pursued palaeontology further...

V

That sounds great i'll check that out, thanks alot! I knew there must be more then one paleontology course out there, thats also closer to where i live so great! Thanks again!
:)
The more suggestions the better if anyone can think of any more places id be really greatful to hear from you!

Cheers, Vicky x

S

Don't know about this for sure, but the Natural History Museum in London might have something. Because they are not a university, they don't award degrees, so you have to register with a univerity (usually imperial because it's next door to the museum) but you do your actual work and research in the labs at the museum. Check out the NHM website, there might be something there.

V

Cheers, i have checked the london Natural history museum website out, i love that place! I can't find anything for sure, i think its alot of PhD student reserch mainly, they do a few masters with the lonon university but they seem very taxa based...which was never my strongest area! To many strange spellings!
Thanks though i'll check out their website in more detail, maybe email them.

Thanks Vicky x :)