PhDs should come with a health warning!!!

K

Quote From pjlu:

======= Date Modified 09 Jun 2012 23:36:12 =======
======= Date Modified 09 Jun 2012 23:26:05 =======
KB, really sorry to hear about the experience you mentioned post PhD and hope things are much improved. Do you have a Postdoctorate at present?

Hii Pjlu! Yeah, I started a post-doc at a different university in October last year, and had done just 5 months before I was hospitalised. But I'm doing well now and am starting back at work tomorrow. I was really worried that they'd be hacked off with me for having so much time off but they've been really good and my contract has just been renewed for another year which I'm really relieved about. But my being ill has given me time to think, and I'm considering a move away from research in the not too distant future to look at clinical training. I mind change my mind yet though! How are things at your end?

Best, KB

D

I PASSED!!!! Pass with minor corrections!!!!

I am so delighted although I have to say it is one of the most surreal feeling I have ever experienced.

The Viva was not one tenth as bad as I expected. The mock one was far worse!!!

Back to work tomorrow and hopefully now, begin the rest of my life and really get to all those "things I will do after the PhD" (up)

B

Huge congratulations!!!!

Have fun doing lots of non-PhD things now!! (up) :-)

L

Congratulations, Dr. Donzy! great news; was all worth it in the end. (up)

S

Congratulations Dr Donzy!!

Really pleased for you, and glad to hear your viva wasn't as bad as you were expecting! I had to go back to work the day after, the same as you, and it takes a while for the surreal feeling to go and for it all to properly sink in. I finally graduate next month and I still don't feel like it's entirely real, maybe graduation will give me some 'closure' (horrible american word, but I the only one that adequately describes what I'm trying to say!!)

Many congratulations, Dr Donzy!

W

Congratulations, Dr Donzy. A well deserved pass for you, sir!

Congratulations Dr Donzy-well done and I bet there are no regrets now!(up) Hope the next stage of your life is happy, healthy and inspiring! You certainly have earned your laurels.

And also nice to hear from you KB- clinical psychology sounds really good. I would really have loved to do this myself in another life but I'm fine with my present pathway nowadays. I'm well thanks...busy but well and I know now that 'busy' is how I like it...new motto 'busy with but busy with balance'.