sign question

S

Quote From dr_man_boobs:

....Egyptian star sign: Thoth (Tehuty, Djehuty)
(August 29 - September 27)
God of learning. Those born under this sign are typically accurate and capable problem-solvers and excellent organizers as well.

I think this is great! I want to know the egyptian equivalent of a sagittarius :-)
:-) will google it tonight
love satchi

D

Quote From satchi:

Quote From dr_man_boobs:

....Egyptian star sign: Thoth (Tehuty, Djehuty)
(August 29 - September 27)
God of learning. Those born under this sign are typically accurate and capable problem-solvers and excellent organizers as well.

I think this is great! I want to know the egyptian equivalent of a sagittarius :-)
:-) will google it tonight
love satchi

It's interesting, lots of different cultures all have their own star signs. Also, it's quite spooky how the personality traits inherent of each different sign from each different culture all seem to match with each other. I'll need to look into this further, but it would be even more interesting if these cultures developed these signs all independantly of one another.

Moob, I think it has to with Gaia theory: all things are connected and ineterdependent, and we are ultimately governed by the same forces that control tides and season, ie the sun. Not sure what Lovelock would think of that, but surely, as a climatologist (?), these ideas are up your street.

A

======= Date Modified 18 Apr 2010 19:06:26 =======
======= Date Modified 18 Apr 2010 19:05:37 =======

S Girl... My BF is Cancer and i am virgo.. we get on really well

S

Quote From amanda:

======= Date Modified 18 Apr 2010 19:06:26 =======
======= Date Modified 18 Apr 2010 19:05:37 =======

S Girl... My BF is Cancer and i am virgo.. we get on really well

hiya Amanda! got this off one of those astrology sites; I think its for cancer because that was the first sign entered :p
How true is this then :p
Cancer + Virgo

Water + Earth = Mud

This is a rich and fertile combination of two feminine zodiac signs, ruled by the Moon and Mercury respectively. Cancer and Virgo in combination produce great results on all levels of experience. Your sensitive ruler, the Moon, and the intellectually brilliant Mercury of Virgo combine in the most wonderful play of heavenly forces.

Expect great friendship and understanding from this recipe, but remember, Virgo will sometimes have trouble understanding your mood swings. Virgo will say, ‘Think things through and don’t be so emotional about it’, and you’ll reply, ‘But can’t you feel what I’m feeling?’

You are at opposite ends of the spectrum: you, Cancer, are emotional, and Virgo is intellectual. Cancer is a friendly sign of Virgo, so Virgo will, over time, learn to be more responsive, to be more like you. Likewise, you can become more reasonable, more like Virgo, as the bond between you strengthens.

The one area you must learn to handle is Virgo’s tendency to criticise and judge. You tend to be too vulnerable for their ruthless and incessant demand for perfection. This will also affect your most private area, sexuality. Virgo demands a performance that is not in keeping with your slower and more receptive nature.

You have some difficulties communicating with Virgos born between 24 August and 2 September. Although Mercury has a strong influence on them, they are not chatterboxes. You have to dig a little deeper and persist in your search for the deeper side of their nature. But once you crack open this hard nut, you’ll be well rewarded, with a wellspring of response and loving banter.

Marriage prospects are particularly strong if you choose a Virgo born between 3 September and 12 September. The two of you can develop very strong bonds, emotionally and sexually, when you get to know them. Be patient: they often don’t open up quickly. If you don’t hang in there, you’ll miss the more loving qualities on offer. If you do, you’ll be treated to affection, from someone who wants to give you security and creature comforts.

You’ll be a good friend to most Virgos, but in particular those born between 13 September and 22 September. Get ready for some high-class social action if you get involved with one of these Virgos. They’ll bring a smile to your face, and their general knowledge will keep you interested and entertained.

D

======= Date Modified 18 Apr 2010 21:48:48 =======

Quote From eska:

Moob, I think it has to with Gaia theory: all things are connected and ineterdependent, and we are ultimately governed by the same forces that control tides and season, ie the sun. Not sure what Lovelock would think of that, but surely, as a climatologist (?), these ideas are up your street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

moob: ?

A

SGirl .. Thanks for that .. ehehehe
Yeah some of it is true in a way .. , initially we used to argue more because of the fact that i think things over, but once we got to know each other well, we were like best friends.i analyze things (not so much now), he uses emotions more, but he thinks that is great, because it has a balancing effect. But we are both sensitive, so we know not to say things that would hurt each other.

:$

D

======= Date Modified 18 Apr 2010 22:43:06 =======

If you're wondering why I never wrote a reply to your previous post it's because mixing dogmatic belief systems such as astrology with scientific theories such as 'Gaia' just don't sit well with me, especially as a climatologist. I think Theodore Landscheidt would have been in a better position to answer this question, that is if he were still alive.

Oh, and I suggest that you watch this video, it's hillarious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

Is astrology dogmatic? I thought it was a bit of a laugh in the sunday papers...

D

Quote From eska:

Is astrology dogmatic? I thought it was a bit of a laugh in the sunday papers...

Ye, it's a bit of a laugh for some, but others take it far too seriously and base their lives around it

I've never met anyone that bases their lives around horoscopes, and I've been around for quite a while.

However, sometimes if old granty says things like: 'today you need to be more productive', I use it an excuse to get off his website and do some work.

D

======= Date Modified 19 Apr 2010 21:24:26 =======

Quote From eska:

I've never met anyone that bases their lives around horoscopes, and I've been around for quite a while.

However, sometimes if old granty says things like: 'today you need to be more productive', I use it an excuse to get off his website and do some work.

Well, Eska, you might need to take a look in the mirror, as it sounds like you're basing your life around such things. I didn't even know Mr Grunt had a website...
Na, joking, I've been around for a while aswell, and I've met a few people that wont leave their house without consulting their horoscope, nutters haha.