Starting the PhD

P

Good luck to all the other newbies! :)
Nice to know I'm not alone with the nervous bit!!

Anybody else starting at Loughborough by any chance?

S

Quote From phoebe87:

UEA, sorry :(

A

Quote From phoebe87:

Yes! I'm starting at the DTC in Regenerative Medicine based out of Loughborough. Nervous but excited to get going.

P

Hi All,

Im starting mine tomorrow at Reading. I did my undergraduate degree there and have the same supervisor as my third year, which is good. It seems that I have the same symptoms as everyone else, that horrible mixture of excitement and dread!

Phill

N

Quote From phoebe87:

Good luck to all the other newbies! :)
Nice to know I'm not alone with the nervous bit!!

University of Strathclyde for me (up)

P

Wow! I've just come back to the forum after settling in for the next 3 (I hope) years, and it's great to hear that I wasn't the only one completely startled by the whole thing! I hope everyone is as happy as I am with the start of their PhDs... Sanna - How's it going with your supervisor now? Magictime - I also had loads of problems registering (getting a library card etc!) Have you managed to get it all sorted out yet?

Looking forward to hearing more about how we're all doing over the coming months!

Doll

Hi there. I'm new to these boards and new to a PhD - started last Thursday! All very daunting and scary but slowly starting to make a little more sense I think! Just wanted to say hi, cos having read through a few threads I have the feeling this forum may come in very handy!

Oh, and a couple of people said they were at Loughborough - that's where I am too, in Civil and Building Engineering (though I'm not an engineer, just a weird cross-disciplinary mixture). Be great to make contact with other Loughborough people!

N

i started mine last thursday, the feeling of fear and panic stil hasnt started to wear off :( does anyone else feel like theyve been thrown in the deep end and have no idea what to do?

nice hat paperdoll! :p