Strange People

G

No, no no...this forum should be specified for beginner of Phd student in Britain only. Those who wanted to pursue their study somewhere else need to go to different forum. Different country has different educational system. So be practical when you ask any question in this valuable forum.

G

Er, I don't think that's on. Useful information regarding all aspects of research shouldn't be restricted just to those wanting to study in the UK.

This forum is for any questions or discussions related to postgraduate education, including the functioning and relative merits of education systems in other countries. Space on here is not valuable, it is limitless (well almost) - we edit the forum to move those less interesting questions to the General section or delete them where we feel they are inappropriate. So please, come one, come all - ask, discuss and argue away.

Having said that, with reference to some of the points made in this thread, we would prefer it if people read through the Funding and PhDs Explained sections of the site before asking for advice here. These sections have been written and continue to be updated as a result of researching answers for this forum - mostly so FindAPhD can be as informative as possible, but partly so we don't have to type the same answers into this forum every day.

G

Nobody is perfect. To err is human. Man is a social animal. There is nothing wrong in dependence. After all it is a medium for sound interaction. Shake your hands please with a smile.

G

I do agree that people should at least make an effort to look around the site before asking questions especially if they are just expecting people to find them PhDs/funding. I also think this is a great site and has settled some of my nagging doubts and queries about the process. Thanks for your help.

S

I don't recognise any of these names. This could provide hope for the future that may be people can recover from their forum addiction and get a real life. That or they're all in rehab.