The nocturnal workers' thread

L

======= Date Modified 21 Sep 2008 22:24:25 =======
Hi guys, all aboard the night train then...*choo choo*
i cant wait till the day when i can just relax at night time and watch dvds!!!
:-s

C

Chrisrolinski makes a pathetically unenthusiastic "choo choo" sound.

P

Ah, dvds...what were they again? ;-) One of those things we get in the 'After' life?
Wishing y'all more motivation tonight than I have myself!

C

I am currently thinking about the afterlife of objects. I am writing and teaching about this. At 00:15 I feel like I am in a waking afterlife. Heh.

P

That's funny Chrisrolinski!
I am not utterly convinced at this hour of the night, and when I'm this far behind, that there is any after-phd state (not sure whether it should be called a life, precisely)... Certainly there may not be an afterjob, but best not to contemplate that one - I, at least, still feel compelled to believe in the possibility! ;-)

let's define 'night' again for Thecoastman and Sylvester :p

L

======= Date Modified 22 Sep 2008 02:59:08 =======
my motivation, my will to carry on has seriously plummented!! i want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

anyone have the ability to stop time so i can finish my thesis before my deadline?

anyone still awake at this time, i'm seriously contemplating taking a powernap, but i can never stick to the 15minute and continue sleeping!

C

Welcome back folks! 8-) The Nocturnal Workers thread, where all the cool kids work and play! 8-)

L

lol Chris.

well count me in for the nightshift! i've just come back to my desk , after dinner and telly break.

now i have to complete chapter 2 (methods) within the next 2 hours!!!
i have my coke handy (the drink not the drug -)
must not fall asleep and must complete chapter 2!!!!!!!! so many sections to do. but will take it one section at a time.

Lara, you seem to be writing with light-speed

C

I reckon I need to try and complete my outline by 1am. Gonna try and do it...

P

My link to databases (EEBO & ECCO) has mysteriously quit working tonight, so am congratulating myself for having already downloaded all the stuff I had to have for references. Could do with a Coke, though (and I don't even like it)!
Trying for this sub-section by 3:30...

C

Procrastipro! EBBO, ECCO! Are you fellow eighteenth-century historian?!

L

Quote From 404:

Lara, you seem to be writing with light-speed

thanks 404 :-) nothing like a deadline to get adrenalin pumping though your bloodstream! because i am the princess of procrastination!
how's it going? you still up?

L

Quote From ProcrastiPro:

My link to databases (EEBO & ECCO) has mysteriously quit working tonight, so am congratulating myself for having already downloaded all the stuff I had to have for references. Could do with a Coke, though (and I don't even like it)!

Trying for this sub-section by 3:30...

good luck! you can do it!! *hands PP a shot of coke full of caffeine* i will try to get my methods chapter done by then too! let the battle commence :-s
i have my favourite tv show on in the background keeping me awake (criminal minds) wish i could be a behavioural analyst working for the FBI tracking unsubs lol. okay i might be slightly losing it:p