The nocturnal workers' thread

L

Quote From chrisrolinski:

Procrastipro! EBBO, ECCO! Are you fellow eighteenth-century historian?!

Chris, how goes you? how come you're up at this time? you have a deadline this week right?

P

Quote From chrisrolinski:

Procrastipro! EBBO, ECCO! Are you fellow eighteenth-century historian?!

Well, sort of...late 17th-c & early 18th mostly.

L

*looks around* anyone still up? i'm still working on chapter 2, taking forever:-s

C

I went to sleep at just gone 2pm and had an indulgent 6 hours sleep. I am now back to work and have an ambitious but just about achievable set of aims for today/early morning.

L

======= Date Modified 23 Sep 2008 08:45:37 =======
Helllooo nice to hear from ya. good luck with your aims! and impressive you're already awake! :-)

i've just finished chapter 2 finally. now i'm taking a break and then moving on to my last chapter that i gotta finish off.

P

I fell asleep at 5 and didn't get up until 10:30, which was not in the plan!
Well done Lara, how exciting that you're nearly finished!! maybe there's hope for the rest of us :p

...and Chrisrolinski, am so impressed that you've been back at it for hours already :$

L

Thanks Procrastipro. although right now, i feel like my entire thesis is shite. lol and the examiners are gonna be like, wth is this, its rubbish! FAIL. anyways will carry on.
i ended up taking a nap so slept 9am - 11.40.

good luck with your stuff today! and well done on staying up till 5am, that is very good!!

C

Good luck today ya'll.

I've done 350 words today that are good. I need about another 1,000 words today. Then I can relax for an evening. And then start again tmrw. Meh.

That said, I'm sure I'll still be here at 00:00 - I always find some way of procrastinating. I cut myself with a razor and spent half an hour faffing with antiseptic and plasers. Any excuse! Heh :p

R

The definition of nocturnal is getting stranger by the day on this thread. I'll watch with interest to see how it develops.

P

lol Rubyw...I'm afraid such definition warp is by far the least worrying aspect of the strangeness.

Chris, sharp objects & sleep deprivation = bad mix.

Lara, I'm sure it's not in the least shite, not after all that mind-bending work, but I guess we're all familiar with that feeling! I'll bet it will magically look a lot better to you when you've had some rest.

C

Anyone out there? (empty echo)

helloooo ellooo oooo oooo o (another echo). It looks like everyone is gone

M

Do those of you who work night-time hours find that you suffer your sup's wrath for not being at your desk in the daylight hours? I ask because I find I too worked evening hours, using the daytime to shop and go to lectures (during my undergrad). Many of my fellow undergrads used to use their free time in the day to work but I would usual save work for later and do other things in the day. Since this was my active choice, I'm wondering whether I'll end up being a nocturnal PhDer too.

L

Quote From MicroGeek:

Do those of you who work night-time hours find that you suffer your sup's wrath for not being at your desk in the daylight hours? I ask because I find I too worked evening hours, using the daytime to shop and go to lectures (during my undergrad). Many of my fellow undergrads used to use their free time in the day to work but I would usual save work for later and do other things in the day. Since this was my active choice, I'm wondering whether I'll end up being a nocturnal PhDer too.

yeh my sup used to tell me off all the time and get pissed off at me, for missing morning meetings, i found them boring and a waste of time! i was abit of a rebel when it came to stuff like that. especially during the last couple of years, i just focused on my experiments and wanted to get all my lab work done. i used to work till late in the evening, around 9pm, go home and was so tired i used to end up coming back the next day around 11am and then stay until late. yah they didnt like it, but i didnt care, i did the work. i refused to comply with the 9-5 concept.
as long as you get the work done who cares when you do it , i say!

L

Quote From ProcrastiPro:

Lara, I'm sure it's not in the least shite, not after all that mind-bending work, but I guess we're all familiar with that feeling! I'll bet it will magically look a lot better to you when you've had some rest.

Thanks Procrastipro, so nice of you to say :-)