The One Goal Thread

Aw Sneaks, I certainly know the (snowman) feeling and am determined not to give in!!

Ok so I'm midway through goal 1 and the only thing that's getting me through it sitting in my office, everyone with really serious faces and me listening to this www.live365.com/cgi-bin/mini.cgi?station_name=elviswayne4301&tm=2278

Somehow it just makes it easier :-):-)

B

Done goal 1 and also did goal 2 which was to write a conclusion. Now for lunchtime. I think it'll be unhealthy cheese on toast today, but putting bread in the toaster and cutting some cheese up is a hell of a lot of effort.

Goal 3- get the refs missing from essay

Goal 4- add in areas for future research

Goal 5- add in recommendations for one of the sections I've missed

L

I have a multipack of Flakes in my office drawer that are looking increasingly attractive the more stressed I get!

Still reading about mixed methods today and trying to decide whether to go quantitative, qualitative or manic-researcher and mix it up! So that is my goal for today...

Abandoned paper for this week, too many other things to think about! Hope everyone's having a good and productive day!

back from dog walk. I had smoked salmon with lemon and black pepper - I had a pack that needed to be eaten and I had mini chedders, an odd mix, but quite satisfying.

You can just take that Alli (?) stuff, which makes you poo yourself when you eat too much fat! I personally wouldn't want to risk it, but I know a lot of people who are on it - although I don't think you are supposed to be on it unless your BMI is humongous anyway?

Back to work!

Woohoo goal 1 complete!

Off for lunch with an office-mate.

Commencing at 3pm goal 2 - find a method to measure odd substance

B

Goal 3 is done, but goals 4 and 5 are going to take longer :(

A

Bring the Superlax where is it?

Hey button.. was that the conclusion to ur final chapter by any chance?

Right, I've half packed the car for journey tomorrow. I'm going to try and get another analysis done before I go into 'mmm its warm outside, sleepy sleepy' mode.

A

Still no reply from my Sup.. maybe he really thought it was a stupid question :-(

He's probably in a beer garden somewhere!

N

Can I join in on this please?

I've had to go to work this morning so haven't had much time. Today so far I've had a good long phonecall with the leader for a project that I'm doing some research for, and written up the call in my research diary which should help with my critical review of the organisation. I've also started researching the area that I'm doing a presentation on in May, but need to email my tutor to make sure that I am doing the right thing! Will do that and need to send a few more emails before going to the stables.

Then when I get home I need to finish reading the book that my dissertation supervisor has asked me to review...only 30 pages to go now!

I'm trying to get so many different things done for different modules, have quite a lot to do in not a lot of time but I guess thats what a MSc is all about!

A

On second thoughts.. i dont want the superlax anymore.. its ok .. one more week to go of un healthy eating, then i will eat healthy (she says)..

Goal 2 completed whilst bopping along to theme tunes to old tv series -some funny looks coming my way :$

Now for goal 3 - figure out the tricky part of the procedure which has been baffling me for weeks - Goal 3 is a biggie and I imagine will put an end to my current good mood!

B

Well done Ev!

Amanda- no it was my conclusion for an essay I'm doing for my MA. I start my Phd in October, so that conclusion is a long, long way off!

Natassia- I know the feeling of having so many modules and so much work to do for each! I feel like I can barely get stuck into one assignment before I have to start on another!

Finished goals 4 and 5 I set though, yay! So now:

Goal 6- edit assignment

Goal 7- start sorting reference list

Goal 8- start cutting assignment down

I want to at least get goal 6 done and have made a start on 7 before other half comes home and ruins my peace and quiet by chattering non-stop about his day in the sunshine!

E

Dear all how much time do you need to read an article 30 pages??? or how much time do you dedicate to read it?