The One Goal Thread

A

Hi Lindalou, not i didnt recieve any email from my sups ..mmmm... maybe they are taking it easy today because its Friday
So i am going to go to uni now and look through some thesis to see what they have done for the final conclusion and future work.

Take it easy today Lindalou, we all need a break now and then
:-)

My goal for today is to start planning out a journal article I'm supposed to be writing. But it's Friday and I've worked really hard without much of a breaka over the last few weeks and I haven't got started on the work yet, so maybe I'll take the day off and start again on Sunday or Monday. I am just *so* lazy at the moment!

E

Where are you today??? It is not a weekend!!!!! May be because of the sun8-)

B

I've been at uni today tackling an assignment with friends, so I've not been able to set my goals! But I did get everything done that I intended to, so think I'll be having a break tomorrow! Hope everyone else is going well!

A

So Button .. are u doing work now or relaxing?.

Well i have been trying to do a list of abbreviations.. i'm not sure if i have missed something out ..mmm

E

I wandered with my husband around the home to see the first signs of spring, really they are amazing.

NOW, may goal to finish article 2008 in 3 hours
so see you after 3 hours

A

Thats alot of articles Emaa.. unless u mean the year 2008?!!..
I miss my BF ....................:-(

B

Amanda- yes I'm chilling out now, I'm exhausted! Hope things are going okay for you!

A

Yeah thanks Button, i'm taking it easy now for the rest of the night .. i'm so tired i might even go to sleep pretty soon

E

Quote From amanda:

Thats alot of articles Emaa.. unless u mean the year 2008?!!..
:-(

Of course dear year 2008. Oh it is impossible for me to read 2008 article in 3 years not in 3 hours.

E

I am very sad, I hate my research and being a student.

A

Emaa.. Dont be sad, why do u hate it? whats going on?

E

Dear Amanda thank you very much for your reply, Nothing happens but I hate to be alone all the time only with books I forget my motivations for studying. Even my supervisor said I trust in you, do what you want and I'll send you an email after one moth because she is busy. I forget my voice, I use it few minutes every day with my husband and on phone with my mom. I want to be creative, social person. But how if I do not work and do not have any course in the uni.

Sorry for all, I want only to say my feelings to somebody

A

Hi Emaa.... What u need to do is not sit there next to the computer or books day in day out. you need to give ur self at least half a day break if not one day.  see some of ur friends, or even go for a coffee somewhere, for a walk. I know how u feel because i feel the same most of the time, its like having no life, away from society ehehe. How long do u have left to go? remember, once this is over u can do what u want, u will have time for all ur creative skills and for socializing. But the main thing is to make sure u go out sometimes away from anything related to work.. and if it makes u feel any better... we are all in the same boat.

Also .. why dont u try and see what courses are available at uni to researchers .. because there is often courses like that available

S

So my aim of writing 1'000 words a day was a pathetic failure. In part this was due to laziness, but it was also to do with feeling like crap. Constant discomfort in the lower right-hand abdomen, difficulty sleeping, headaches, etc. In fact, I felt so bad that I went to the Doctors today (which is a big thing for me or any average 23 year old male.) After several pokes, prods and listening to the workings of my digestive system my doc was a bit stumped. Since I seemed relatively alright she decided to follow a trial and error policy. Her solution (for this week at least): Chocolate Superlax. Sadly it's in drink form, but if anyone wants one I do have thirty (read 29 - I do follow doctors orders.)

Life just seems to have a sense of humour. Needless to say, I'm working from home today....close to the toilet.