The One Goal Thread

S

Okay, it's now 29. Weird thing is the stuff isn't brown. I've got this pale water that tastes of synthetic chocolate. Oh well, its not the worst stuff I've ever drank.

A

Slizor.. well .. take it easy my friend... i am working from home too .. although i think i might need to go into uni sometime today. I should also start edditing, but i am finding it difficult to start that task so instead i am staring into the computer screen waiting for my supervisors to send me back my conclusions and future work.I know that wont get any of my work done but if i get up i will feel guilty because i am not working ( i think its all in the head). . if u sit next to the computer u feel better than when u move away from it .. well anyway i do.

Anyway after mumbeling a load of rubbish i will continue with my computer staring .. again, take it easy on ur self. Dont stress too much !!

Sounds like slim fast - I have spent many years on slim fast - i.e. yoyo dieting! Its gross isn't it!

I have had a really bad weekend. i went to see my parents, so didn't get anything done. Even if I had wanted to their internet connection is SO slow! I have also spent all this morning sorting non PhD stuff out. I registered to vote in my area (to stop evil mother in law stealing my postal vote), I then thought, maybe they'll link the fact I live here with my vote, so decided to admit that my husband now lives in the same house and therefore have to pay council tax :-( not too sure whether the lady believed that he only moved in this morning :$ but never mind - its on the system now! Then went to pick up a new printer cartridge, then went to asda and bought twilight and the hangover on blu ray AND GOT ID'd!!!! - for TWILIGHT!??? I'm 26 :-)

Now just about ready to think about opening my work - I feel very tired today though!

A

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................. la la la la la ...
Sneaks i want to go to ASDA to get some chocolate, its just next door to me but i cant be bothered. I am in a strange mood today .. maybe i should cook something instead. Or maybe i should just get my act together and try doing some work

Ok new week - lets get going everyone (at almost 12pm :$ )

Goal 1: get dressed

Goal 2: make it to the office

Goal 3: prepare for meeting this afternoon

have no energy and really don't want to leave the house today but this is getting ridiculous and I REALLY need to get some work done so I am going to force myself

notice how I STILL haven't started work. I've VERY tired - did about 15 hours of driving over the weekend and now feeling the effects.

A

Ev i like ur goals one and two ehehehe.. i cant say i even done that. Just say trying to do work .. seriously not working

Sneaks.. make ur self a cupa, get a sneakers, or something similar and have a break.. or even a lunch break (its nearlly lunch time). Then get starting

I now have a cup of tea (My throat feels like the first day of getting ill :-( not quite painfully sore but uncomfortable). And I am going to do a check of 2 analyses I did last week.

L

I've definitely got that Monday feeling! I've got so much to do and I don't really know what I want to focus on!

I have to:
1. Refine and submit my paper by Wednesday (not the actual deadline but the deadline I have in my head!)
2. Refine and expand my piece of work I submitted this morning (my supervisor liked it though which is a good thing!)
3. Do some more reading (as ever!) about methodology and one of my objectives... oh.. I'm sinking under the paper!

Oh well! Here we go! Hope everyone's having a good day so far!

Mondays are so difficult! It always takes me ages to get going and get my head into work mode, even if I've been doing PhD work over the weekend. Not that I did this weekend.

Goal 1 was to make it to my supervision session on time and react in a thoughtful and mature manner to comments on the literature review I submitted last week. I needn't have worried though, they had a few suggestions but overall thought it was excellent, and then my main supervisor asked me to be third author on a paper because I know the journal and the specific literature better than him and the other author. So that went okay then :-)

Goal 2 now is to go through the comments on my literature review and plan out what changes need to be made.

L

Nice one Batfink! I've now re-written my list of things to do and it's getting longer and longer... Oh well, one thing at a time eh? I'm loving being a PhD student today!

omg - so embarrassing. my brother in law (20 year old but acts like surly teenager) just came round to pick something up and I'm in the MOST slobby outfit ever, no makeup, crumbs all down me :$

Goals 1 and 2 accomplished.

Now for goal 3: prepare for meeting (2.25 hours)

and goal 4: attend and make sense at meeting

F

Have spent the morning doing admin. (Replying to emails, confirming speakers for upcoming conference, etc.)
Very important stuff and I feel pleased it is done - but it's still not PhD work!
So... Goal 1: You have 4 tomatoes to read and make notes on the relevant sections of book X
If you complete this, you can reward yourself with a cup of tea and an iced bun ;-)

S

Hi all.

Such a slow start for me today after a long weekend. I achieved goal 1 for today, which was to prepare for a tutorial I am doing next week.
Goal 2 is to get 400 words written by the end of the afternoon.