Thursday's particularly silly question - Cartoons

S

and as I recall, all of activities were indoor ones. And despite the kids supposedly changing every series, why were they always from Belfast?

S

some would say that was actually a benefit, especially nowadays. I made the unfortunate mistake of switching the TV on last Monday to be confronted by reality TV shows on all 4 main channels (I don't do Channel 5). Arrgghhh!

W

Hmm...

Tom & Jerry
X-men
Transformers
Bugs Bunny
Spiderman
Scooby Doo
Mickey Mouse
Superman

Soooooooooooooooo many but these are the ones I can remember.

C

I'm starting a PhD in October, pea

Yes, I know I'm on the current students forum, I got lost... *disappears*

A

Lamb, actually we would watch AFN (american forces network) when I was a kiddo. I also liked buying spiderman & batman comics as a child.

Claudia, no need to disappear! Und diese Biene die ich meine die heisst Maja .... kleine suesse Biene Maja .....

Andy & Lamb, you watched D&D instead of playing it???

I'm catching up on Dr Who & Rose Tyler ... but haven't seen any of the old series. Did you guys/girls really have to hide behind the sofa as a child because you were afraid of the Daleks?????

C

Hehe... I had totally forgotten about Biene Maja

I haven't watched any of the old Dr Who's either...

A

Err, would anyone know what subject this "Dr" did his PhD in??? Was it a case of Bedford again.... ???? In which case we might expext an episode with the good Dr. going to a Bedford alumni charity ... and exposing the treeible trouth about Bedford, bows or not ....

A

err, that would be Belford University

P

Claudia - my question was not an indirect way of saying you should not be on the forum.
Sorry if it read that way. I am just a little amazed -how someone can do a PhD so young.
Have you done an M.A or Msc as well?

C

Its ok, I didn't take it that way, I was just joking about disappearing (as you can see, I'm still here! )

No I do not have an MSc - I've just graduated with a BSc, was thinking about a masters but I was told it would be a waste of money and time for me as I didn't need one to get onto a PhD.

H

STOPIT & TIDYUP!!!!

H

I used to dream about being on Knightmare......

Feel better lamb

H

Nothing could beat he-man & thundercats in terms of cartoons though.....ahhh the good old days....

P

What - blimey!?
What is your subject area?

C

Biomedical sciences/medicine - Did my BSc in neuroscience, but my PhD will be in the cardiovascular field..