University of Nottingham School of Biology

A

Hi all, Any one from nottingham uni?
How can you rate the uni, I mean what is the environment there,relationship between students and teachers?? pls guide me.

H

Nottingham is probably like any other university in the country apart from the fact it is located in a city known for violence.

I suggest you go to the www.bbc.co.uk/news and type in Nottingham into the search.

G

I agree re Nottingham. Sadly, the same can also be said for Manchester.

H

Both universities are considered high ranking. It's just a case of being careful on where to live and where you go wonder about.

H

My only advice for you is to stay away from racists. Teachers who are racists can ruin your career.

L

Good uni- Higher Education Institution of the Year 2006, Postgrad school has good support sytem with transferable skills courses you take in your first year. Nottingham has great nightlife and fantastic shopping, always a priority! Don't believe everything you read about the bad reputation for violence, it's just the same as any other city really, I've lived/worked/studied in Nottingham for the past 6 years and I love it!

H

ahem, are we talking about the same city here? "Gun Capital" of the UK.

H

Just to point out, the uni is quite far from the city centre (the campus is lovely). You will be fine as long as you don't go into the city centre itself, especially not at night.

L

You generally seem to avoid the gun crime unless you are a drug dealer living in St Ann's or the Meadows!

L

One school (food science/nutrition area I think) is based in Sutton Bonington and is about 10miles away from the main campus. From memory I think its actually closer to Loughborough and it felt a teensy bit isolated when I went there. But then they do have a very good rep as a Uni so maybe its worth it?