Urgh!

Had an awful day (week) so far. Have done no actual work at all, just stared at my computer, made some commotion on another forum by insulting people which was highly amusing, and have made and eaten lunch. I just feel in such a slow lethargic mood and don't feel like I can get anything done.

W

Sneaks, I think you should consolidate any residual feelings of motivation that you have and concentrate on getting some admin work out the way. I hope you find my comments HELPFUL and REWARD me APPROPRIATELY by NOMINATING ME FOR AN ADDITIONAL STAR.

I think in order to award you a star, then you should do the same to me on your star related thread. I was really hoping the films would come out top, but then I would struggle to find an appropriate film, as I have watched them all through many times. The cleaner is in my room though, so work may have to wait until she has finished hoovering under my chair for 4 HOURS.

1.05 hoover started

You have a cleaner, and you want sympathy! send them tound here...

ok, I'm living with my mother in law who, although does not work and has a kid at school, STILL employs a cleaner, while she seemingly spends all day on ebay or sleeping in bed. I would much rather the house was filthy than the cleaner was here!

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

Sneaks, I think you should consolidate any residual feelings of motivation that you have and concentrate on getting some admin work out the way. I hope you find my comments HELPFUL and REWARD me APPROPRIATELY by NOMINATING ME FOR AN ADDITIONAL STAR.

I have clicked you as helpful user wal, although this clearly isn't the case!

W

Quote From sneaks:

Quote From walminskipeasucker:

I have clicked you as helpful user wal, although this clearly isn't the case!

Honestly, Sneaks, you could at least make me feel like I really am a helpful user! You'll be making me listen to Paul McKenna's How to Feel Positive About Yourself CD next! Where do you click for helpful user? It's only right that I acknowledge your genuinely very often helpful comments.

only the OP can decide who is helpful (which I think is floored). You have been very helpful Wal - especially for pointing out I should do some work rather than watch films - it was really the result I was looking for :-s

S

I consider that my suggestion that you watch films is highly helpful...... I feel that to do admin would be injurous as you are obviously in a state of great suffering today

thanks stressed. I still haven't got any work done, and the hoovering is still ongoing, that's over an hour now :-(

I'm worried about tomorrow now too, because I fear it will be another day like today

J

At times like this Sneaks, I'd just say take a long weekend, enjoy yourself and come back on monday feeling fresh and ready to do your work.

I've had a similarly rubbish week (mainly because of a dreaded cold), and have tried getting on with work, but think at this point in the week its fruitless. Unless you have deadlines looming, just write it off, watch a film and chill. 8-)

S

I quite agree - there is no point in sitting and doing nothing and getting yourself stressed - if you don't have deadlines I think I'd be tempted to write today off, maybe do a bit tomorrow if you're feeling ready to go, just aim for 10 mins or whatever and if it progresses from there, great, if not then 2 days out of 3 years isn't going to make a huge difference, but the break might :-)

J

Tell yourself you need the time off - and mean it! I've had a week off school in which I planned to do so much - nothing much has materialised yet, but on the other hand I've cleaned a carpet or two! I did go to a session at uni about the viva (nowhere near that yet, but thought it was good to know the enemy!)This scared me a bit, amongst other things, the person said thet he flicks through the thesis when he gets it, and kind of knows from that if its good enough or not, plus he says he checks all the refs to see how old they are, how many times each ref is used, if they have been used etc. and makes a table of his results before he even starts looking at the actual contents. then goes onto the internet to see how many more things he can find which haven't been included:-(. Glad I'm not going to get him! Anyway, if the weather with you is anything like it is here -warmish and sunny, get away from it all to the park, you may even get your last outside ice cream of the year, me, I'll be taking the dog soon, work will wait until it is raining - or at least until later on tonight. :$

OK, well I have decided to send off a few emails I have been meaning to, after taking the dog to the park again - she went for an hour this morning, but looks so cute, I think I will have to take her again (watch out squirrels). And then I am going to make a list of things I have to do tomorrow. Which hopefully will mean I can start tomorrow ticking things off it!