Viva - Major Corrections

F

I had my viva on the 18/12/2014 and passed. Prior to that (2 years ago) I had a viva with major corrections and was offered a Masters by Research. I was devastated and really depressed and felt like a failure. But I addressed each comment religiously and did more of what was originally asked of me. It paid off. So please, please keep your chin up and you can private message me and I will be glad to help as much as possible.
Big hugsxx

F

Thank you all so much for your advice and words of encouragement - it has helped me enormously. Today is my first day back since the Christmas break and, although this wasn't how I was hoping 2015 would start, I feel more motivated to get on with my corrections and get to the end of this PhD.

Unfortunately I still haven't received my viva voce report which details exactly what my corrections should entail. I have been pushing for my school to send it over but they're taking their sweet time which is already proving very irritating. I'm also feeling a bit agitated over the fact that my supervisor has said he'll find out if I can be awarded an MPhil instead. Although I appreciate having the option, I haven't slogged away for the past 4 years to get an MPhil. It almost feels like he's given up on me but perhaps I'm overreacting. Either way, I've decided to continue so will let you all know how I get on as the months roll on.

Hope you all have a successful 2015 and all your PhD goals are achieved!

M

Quote From anz07:
Thank you all so much for your advice and words of encouragement - it has helped me enormously. Today is my first day back since the Christmas break and, although this wasn't how I was hoping 2015 would start, I feel more motivated to get on with my corrections and get to the end of this PhD.

Unfortunately I still haven't received my viva voce report which details exactly what my corrections should entail. I have been pushing for my school to send it over but they're taking their sweet time which is already proving very irritating. I'm also feeling a bit agitated over the fact that my supervisor has said he'll find out if I can be awarded an MPhil instead. Although I appreciate having the option, I haven't slogged away for the past 4 years to get an MPhil. It almost feels like he's given up on me but perhaps I'm overreacting. Either way, I've decided to continue so will let you all know how I get on as the months roll on.

Hope you all have a successful 2015 and all your PhD goals are achieved!

I am glad that you are feeling better. Start with minor things, such as typos, while you wait for your report. The first move is to re-gain your enthusiasm about your thesis. Everything else will follow. Best of luck! I am always here for you if you need to pm me.