Wait another year a good idea??????

V

You have to have proof to say that James (ie a report). I'm dyslexic and I couldn't have gotten a 2:2 without extra help given because of it. I never heard of anyone able to complete a degree and then finding out they're dsylexic (it takes away the whole problem of dyslexia in the first place).....

Shang it varies between unis.

O

hey! i'm in exactly the same boat as you. i recently graduated with a 2.1 in law and would like to do a masters abroad and am also contemplating waiting an extra year to earn more money, as i will also have to take into account my living expenses abroad. i see some valuable comments here about the dangers of waiting too long and i think they have a point but i would say to you that if you really don't think you're prepared now then wait another year if you really must. but i wouldn't wait more than that cos then your plans could get distracted.

J

If I were you I would get going as soon as possible, just so you don't lose momentum. The part time route is a good one. I did that, in fact I nearly completed it in one year anyway I just had to wait for the right module to be offered in the second year to complete, however that also gave me a bit of extra time to finish the dissertation. - I missed the distinction by 0.2% how mean was that.

M

Masters or PhD ?

I am in my final year of and Ecology and conservation degree and having problems on deciding what to do next. Are Masters a waste of time and money when you could go stright for a PhD?