What are we all eating for today ?

I liked DanB's topic on hope, so I wanted copy that and create a thread on "food". Mainly because I am starving at the moment. There is nothing to eat at home and I am stuck waiting for ParcelForce to deliver something. I know they would show up the minute I stepped out to the shop... So, what food are you having today?

S

do Parcelfarce do food nowadays?

haha Sylvester, no. Reading my message again, I can see it sounded like that. I've been wasting my days (this is the 4th day) waiting at home for a sculpture for my research to be delivered but it never arrives. I received a phone call this morning saying it will arrive today. Fingers crossed, it will arrive before I starve to death.

H

Lunch: Marmite and cheese on toast followed by strawberries with total 0 greek yogurt.
Dinner: Will prolly consist of curry and rice today me thinks.

T

Probably a dry and crusty steak and ale pie from the canteen, followed by a few quick games of table football in the MCR to aid digestion, before back to work

I'll let you know if I win (unlikely)

K

I just had morrocan cous cous. My boyfriend makes my lunch for me every morning :) I am very lucky!

Good luck thecoastman / H, one of my cats hate Marmite, he even pulls a strange face just like on the commercials. I am secretly begining to like Marmite though, hated it all my life. / Bon appetit to you all.

katq, that's amazing. How lucky is that...

H

I found out that marmite goes a bit lumpy and crusty when you toast it....yum. Its almost as good as toasted cheese and peanut butter yum yum

We definitely need more smiley faces for this forum. Cheese and peanut butter?

H

its amazing, you should toast cheese on one of the pieces of toast, slap some peanut butter on the other, and put them together....

I don't eat it often, I don't keep things like peanut butter otherwise I would eat it all in a week. As for jars of nutella, well that wouldnt last an hour...

yaaaay! the parcel has just arrived. I am running to the shop to buy eggs. Cheese omlette anyone?

H

smothered in nutella?

P

I had a bowl of crunchie nut cornflakes for brekkie, & have just had a toasted salami & emmental cheese sarni & a kiwi&cucumber&strawberry soya smoothie - with an aloe juice shot.
I am making tabouleh, watercress salad and salmon in a soy, orange & ginger sauce for dinner, with strawberries & cream for afters - to welcome my boyf home after a few days away.

T

Change 'dry and crusty steak and ale pie' for 'sloppy sausage casserole'.