ESRC open competition - results out?

S

I never thought I'd find an online forum so helpful! Kind of a relief to know other people are also as stressed as me...I emailed my registry and they said I should speak directly to my department, so emailed them and waiting to hear back...

S

Ah so this is where the nerve wracked and frustrated ESRC funding candidates come is it?

I've emailed my registry and they say they haven't heard from the ESRC yet, so it looks like the ESRC are either late sending out results, or they have been affected by delays like postal strikes.

Its just frustrating we're not allowed to contact the ESRC directly. I suppose its fair enough that no-one wants us hassling them - its only our futures at stake after all... grr..

Good luck everyone anyway!

S

Welcome Sinbad and thanks for the info. Guess we'll all have to hang on a little longer...

S

Also I don't understand why the ESRC couldn't inform us directly in addition to informing institutions.

How hard can it be to knock up a standard yes / no letter and do a mail merge!? At least then we could start planning. I'm about to go stir crazy..

D

I was in the other competition and we found out a few days later so don't panic guys I know it's hard to do!!!!

E

How did they inform you about the results dee?

D

email it was about a week or so later. There was a postal strike at the time.

E

Thanks a lot for the reply.

D

Thats okay and good luck whats your field?

E

I am going to study psycholinguistics. I've got a degree in psychology. What's your field?Did you get funding?lol, sorry about too many questions. Just spontaneous.

D

I'm Psych and Philosophy. Yep got funding!

S

Well done dee! Nice to hear a success story. Were you in the quota competition then?

E

Very well done. Philosophy is my favourite

D

Yep I was a quota interdisciplinary award student .

S

Very well done indeed!