ESRC open competition - results out?

E

Well, there is no other option but waiting...This is bad but on the other hand we can still hope as long as we don't know:)

D

Thats key. I worried that ohters knew and not me but if nobody knows then in a way thats a good thing.

S

hi guys,
i've heard - no good news for me

hope there is better news waiting for all of you!

the way it went, i got an e-mail from our registry today (1st august). it said they had just received a fax copy of the decisions. we will receive a formal letter later on.

keeping my fingers crossed for you - let us know when you know!

R

Hi Shani,

sorry to hear that.:

How do you feel?

D

I'm really sorry to.

S

Hey Shani, really sorry also. Hope you're feeling ok. I'll let you know when I hear anything. I'll most probably be joining you in disappointment very soon. Take care!!

M

Ok I just heard also - no funding for me :(

S

oh dear monkeytab, i'm sorry to hear that. what are you going to do now?

i hope at least some of the people here get positive results!

rick - i'm feeling quite desolate - like everytime i get negative responses to funding applications. it's such a blow - i question myself, my project, everything. especially due to it being another rejection in a series. well, i suppose i'll get over it.

S

I really wouldn't let it cause self-doubt you know. Competition is so intensely fierce its pretty much a lottery. Though of course that's easier said than done - I know when I finally get my "no" I'll be going through exactly the same thing.

I still haven't heard one way or the other and its driving me up the wall. I think my Registry is having a bit of a laugh.

D

email them?

M

Oh I wish you all the best of luck - I agree that it is like a lottery...ESRC is the bain of my life! I have now applied three years in a row and only been a few marks off getting it each year :( - Really upset but now have to motivate myself again and get researching, proving that I am capable and my project is a good one!!

E

Shani, I am honestly sorry. I can imagine how you feel...But you really shouldn't doubt yourself. It has nothing to do with you or your project.If 'evaluations' in this society we have made were fair and were reflecting actual 'evaluation', things would be much much better...but they aren't.

E

Monkeytab I am also sorry for your results. However, we should all tell you s big bravo that you don't give up. Keep gpoing...despite everything.

S

I've been over in person, Dee.

They barely seemed to know what I was going on about! "Easy Arsey what did you say"?

It's no consolation at all, but sorry to those who were unsucessful from me too.

R

Hi Shani,

sorry to hear how you feel. I think it is a normal reaction after repeated rejections. It is probably like a sense of loss which often causes feelings like anger, low mood and (eventually) acceptance. I think most people would have similar emotions. You probably need some time to cope with this. It may help if you could talk to people and express yourself. Shout how disappointed you are! That is a lot better than bottling it all up.

Take care