Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Really unsure what to do!

D

So for those of you remember earlier this year I decided to get a new job, move to a new city and had a new relationship start. All great.

Well... the relationship is still going very well indeed. The job is good. But...

... I've seen the perfect job for me advertised. It would be just exactly right for me, even more than my current job.

And it's the same city as my partner. Which I'm still undecided is a good or a bad reason to even think about it.

What would you do?

D

I once moved for the 'perfect job' which turned out to be my worst nightmare. You'll never know how good a job is until you're in post. However, life is short and should be well lived. Do what you think will make you most happy...

C

Hi DanB,

This option sounds tempting. How long have you been on this job which you are on? If you get this new one when do you have to join? If I were you I will find out the latter (the reason being - it is always good to be on a job at least for one whole year - it definitely looks better on the cv rather than changing too many jobs too frequently) and definitely give it a go. I agree with Delta that 'you don't really know if a job is perfect for you until you are on it' but if the nature of the job sounds good to you and if it is in the same city as your parter is, there is no harm in applying and giving the interview. Perhaps you would get a better idea when you meet your prospective colleagues during your interview?

Good luck (up)

A

Life is too short for what ifs - Great job, the same city as your partner - sounds a win-win. Go for it.

S

I agree with others, sounds like a great opportunity! I'm just left wondering why you're unsure. Anything we can help you with?8-)

D

Well I ended up having a shot of Palinka and just submitting my CV without too much thought. What's the worst that can happen, eh?

Thanks guys and gals :) I am now off in the hunt for chocolate...

D

Um well just to update... I have an interview.

Crazy.

D

That was quick! Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

A

Quote From DanB:

Um well just to update... I have an interview.

Crazy.

sounds promising (up)

S

Quote From DanB:

And it's the same city as my partner. Which I'm still undecided is a good or a bad reason to even think about it.

It's the best reason to think about it.

D

Well just to give you a bit of an update... I had the phone interview. heard nothing. Now they want me to go for an interview in person! Just as I've been posted to a project elsewhere with my current work...

I'm still not entirely sure this is really happening...

J

======= Date Modified 15 Nov 2011 09:24:01 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
--inappropriate content--