Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

should have gone to Belford University!

Drank too much coffee to have a slap-on-the-face for my write-up (2-3 hours sleep each night these days), but now I'm restless... So I thought I'd bring up the Belford subject to have a bit of a chat with you guys, and to remember the old forum-times.

How is everyone tonight? What are you doing? Have you seen/heard of anything interesting/stupid/fun lately? Share please...

:-)

booohoooo :-( nobody wants to have a Belfordian talk.

hmm I should go to belford! maybe this week and then I can lounge around for the rest of the year

What is Belford?

B

Quote From eska:

What is Belford?

Same question I had! But Googling turns them up as a seller of dodgy degrees.

J

Get your doctoral degree in just 15 days?!!

I'm in!!

"Click here to order your degree"

Hi, yes, I'll have one PhD, thanks, and why not throw in a MSc while your at it!

S

Quote From BilboBaggins:

Quote From eska:

What is Belford?

Same question I had! But Googling turns them up as a seller of dodgy degrees.

How very dare you!? Belford is a fine upstanding University that "Grants original degrees printed on traditional degree paper with gold plated seal of the University which identifies it as a degree from a reputed and reliable institution" and "Awards you scores for the subjects that fall under your field of study on your transcripts. In other words all the transcripts offered here bear subject-wise scores, which is an important feature of a real and traditional transcript."

Belford is a fine place, where you can "major" (ahem) in many different subjects. As I didn't have the required 8 years work or "life" (???) experience necessary to obtain a doctorate from such a fine place, I am currently working on my PhD thesis and working to earn the $549 tution fees.

they might have 2 for 1 offers this spring.

And when it comes to viva or the thesis, all you have to write is "it's the thought that counts".

S

The main problem with amending

the Reptiles of
legislation so soon after its inception is that it has not been given enough time to do its job. The current
sufficient in that it mandates secure
for Reptiles of Concern, requires each Reptile of Concern to be microchipped so it can be tracked, and requires an
of each Reptile of Concern be kept by the breeder.
a yearly permit fee (on top of the fee that is already paid to exhibit reptiles and amphibians for sale) is
is a large deterrent to any irresponsible individual who may want to purchase a large constrictor.

D

OMG 404, a blast from the past!!!!

Now all we need are some mooncups and Clara van der Akker to turn up and wahey!!!

ah the Unbearable Lightness of Nostalgia! :-)

W

I've not posted on this thread, so far, for quite an embarrassing reason. I don't know if it's because I've got problems relating to burn out or what have you, but every time I'm struggling with my writing, data analysis or being criticised by my supervisors for my PhD work or lack of (more common of late), I just imagine this smug little man sat on my shoulder, laughing into my ear and saying 'Ha, ha, ha, you should have gone to Belford!' Actually, like the Specsaver's adverts, I think that could do wonders for Belford as an advert.

spot on Walminskipeas; my demon was shouting exactly the same thing :-) (hence the thread).

Maybe we have the same demon doing part-time work for different PhD students?

S

Belford certainly sounds a wonderful place.... is it too late to transfer?