Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

x factor

M

======= Date Modified 04 54 2009 09:54:57 =======
Any one else got a worrying obsession with the x-factor this year? I hate myself. I'm a slave to it.

Yes, it's low-down, rotten, manipulative drivel and represents the end of civilisation as we know it; however, I watch it slavishly. Even if I deliberately do not watch it (I invited a friend round the other Saturday night, just to stop me from twitching ITV on the remote) I end up watching it at 2am on catch up after the pub or something. There's something mesmerising, addictive, and very, very destructive about it. You can't even hear them sing for all the whistles and bells these days.

hmm - I don't have a tv, well I do but it doesn't have an aerial so I can only watch bbc iplayer thorugh playstation. Boooooo Although when I did used to watch it I could only do it afterwards so I could fast forward it all, reducing the 3 hours (or whatever) long programme down to about 30 seconds.

K

It's Strictly Come Dancing only for me. I like to kid myself that I'm learning something about dance so it's slightly educational :-) I'm obsessed and have tickets to the live show :$

S

I love X Factor - I'm totally addicted - its shameful really!!! I so want Joe to win, or Danyl or Stacey maybe, I don't like Olly - awful isn't it. I am almost dreading next weekend when my Saturdays will be barren and empty for a while - sigh - and I'm a Celebrity ends tonight - utter heartbreak

My name is Stressed and I'm a reality TV addict.....

For anyone who's fed up of the whole X factor domination thing:

http://new.uk.music.yahoo.com/blogs/touchingthevoid/19324/rage-against-the-x-factor/

I need some quality rubbish to watch! Something that isn't going to make me feel as if I've been part of something really yukky and horrible exploitative. I miss the Generation Game!

C

Not been following it this year. The Apprentice is my fave though! I applied last year and didn't get an interview... I guess Sir Alan felt intimidated 8-)

Cloggsy, you'd be perfect: you've got to do it! Just keep trying, clearly they don't know what they're talking about...

M

Quote From Keep_Calm:

It's Strictly Come Dancing only for me. I like to kid myself that I'm learning something about dance so it's slightly educational :-) I'm obsessed and have tickets to the live show :$

Ha me too, I love strictly :-) Ooh when do you go to the show? I'll be so jealous if you have tickets to the final! :p

ooeeewww noooeeeew, Lady Gaga's on tonight and I think she's fabulous... I can feel myself getting sucked in already.

K

Haha, me too, completely. However I am at my parent's house tonight and they have very selfishly invited friends round so I will have to be a polite daughter and stay and chat to them and record x factor for a viewing tomorrow morning! I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I will actually be recording it but never mind...Joe to win! Definitely not Ollie! Enjoy, people! KB

D

Sorry, to burst your bubble, Eska, but Lady Gaga is not on tonight. She'll appear on Sunday night. I too am hooked.

Oh Ok Dancin' hmmm have to wait then, maybe I'll watch while writing tonight.

M

Quote From dancingintherain:

Sorry, to burst your bubble, Eska, but Lady Gaga is not on tonight. She'll appear on Sunday night. I too am hooked.

OOoo, what shall she wear?

I have X Factor on in the background, but never actually pay much attention to it, apart from when the drunken 'stars' do performances. Whitney tops my list of being completely out of it.

S

Lol, Whitney was pretty out of it wasn't she - there was another as well - can't remember who now that was totally out of it - Dermot actually said to one of them - Bon Jovi I think (yummmm) its nice to interview a sane celebrity or words to that effect lol. Ooooh, so who will go tonight? They were all so good last night, especially Joe and Stacey, surely it will be Olly?