Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

How much work do people get done just before xmas?

H

For me its hardly anything. For some reason I know I'm off for a couple of weeks and I just keep thinking off that and not doing anything.....argh.

M

I sometimes find it easier to work just before Xmas because I'm motivated by the thought of a holiday. Then again, I've had days when I keep thinking of my holidays and can't focus on work. The trick is to aim for more of the former and less of the latter!

S

Same here - done nothing this weekend. Just can't think beyond Xmas at the moment

D

Tried to get stuff done but have goldfish like concentration atm, as proved by fact that instead of knuckling down and writing chapter keep on browsing the forum

C

I had in my lit review on the last day before the end of term, have a staff party the next day and that evening I'm on a train home down South to visit friends and then back northwards to visit my family...

How can I work when I have all this ahead of me....plus my mind is somewhat distracted by a new special someone ...sigh...

Get writing now.....

M

A new special someone? Father Christmas is it?

C

Actually it is Rudolf....

*don't judge me!*

D

Im really trying to put in the hours these weeks but i just find on the run up to xmas I hardly get around to it and its actually during the holidays when theres rubbish tv, its too cold and im stuck in that i really do some work! But thats just me donut x

T

I have a load to do but its a bugger because my bench has been invaded by someone doing some work in my lab with my supervisor so I have to work round them. Then I have to get about 100 field samples but I am awaiting confirmation of where I am getting them from.. All good fun lol

W

Hi all, I'm trying to finish all the corrections to my thesis by 31st Dec, and then proof-read in the first week and a half of Jan. I'm aiming to submit on Jan 12th. It's going to be a busy Xmas but I hope it will be worth it.