Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Looking for a Analytical PhD hopefully in HPLC

A

Hi,
im looking for a analytical PhD, hopefully in HPLC of something similar, Mass Spec, GC etc.
Anyone got any ideas where i could look? there seems to be nothing related on here. im looking to start next year as i got a 2:1 and i was expecting a 2:2 so im now looking since i couldnt have done with a 2:2. if that makes sense.

Many Thanks.

J

J

My PhD involves a lot of HPLC and mass spectrometry. I think that a lot of pharmacy/chemistry/natural products PhDs use these techniques extensively. What subject are you interested in? I think it is unlikely that you would find a PhD that was actually about HPLC-MS; most of the time you are using these technqiues as a tool to investigate something pharmaceutical or chemical.

A

thanks for the reply, im maily interested in pharma/natural products, im jusy having trouble finding many PhD's in these areas...

J

Dear Forum Administrators:

I noticed that you seem to have deleted my response; did I break a rule?

A

i did notice too... how odd...

J

Apparantly I shouldn't have given the website address of a well-known job vacancy site that advertises PhDs...so that's why it was deleted. Did you read my reply before it vanished? If not I'll reply again (without the offending web address).

A

I'm not sure what my crime was

J

Hi Ann! I didn't even see your reply - the Forum team must be quick off the mark.

A

i only got a chance to scan read it since i was at work, if you could send it againit would be very much appreciated.
ann i didnt see your reply either, they must be keeping a close eye on us now!

A

I just said to keep a close eye on FindAPhD this week for a funded studentship with lots of HPLC/LC-MS (not yet posted, just checked). As I said, not sure what my crime was as the FindAPhD site is the sister site to this (confused smiley)

D

Hey Ann, I just checked it out on the Forum rules and it says "Posts which advertise postgraduate courses, PhD places, Postdoctoral or other academic positions will be removed".

A

Yeah, but I was just saying to check what is essentially this site!? :-S