Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Procastination: what's your favourite font?

N

I am using Calibri for my chapter at the moment, although I have a soft spot for Georgia.

Comic Sans should die.

And yes, this is a serious and profound question - you have to stare at the damn thing every day! :-)

S

I'm an arial fan...... :-)

Hey, interesting thread, for us geeky PhD types anyhow.

I have reverted to times roman after a flirtation with arial. Just feels more suitable and less jarring for academic stuff, for some reason.

K

Calibri, but my sup will only tolerate Times New Roman.

Could anybody explain what WingDings is?

my fave is Lucida sans.

Wingdings are dingbat/symbol fonts. Useful when you don't have time or knowledge of creating your unique icons. They can be resized, outlined and turned into images too.

B

I like Arial best too, but used Times for my thesis.

P

My sup cannot stand the sight of times new roman.... she is an arial fan.

I swear by Garamond!

W

Calibri (Body) is the way forward. It's the future.

B

I love Century Gothic.

Use Times New Roman for the thesis.

I hate Arial.

M

Trebuchet MS. Won't use anything else. :-)

C

I like Garamond and Georgia for many things, but have stuck with Times New Roman for the thesis because I think it is easier to read in longer documents.

L

My personal favourite is Wing Dings, but for writing I would use Arial. I wrote my thesis using LaTeX.

M

I've just had fun playing with the suggested fonts - I do love a spot of procrastination. :-) I have to admit I always quite liked Comic Sans. :$

I have just done some *ahem* research (i.e. trying out different fonts for the piece I'm writing) and found that I rather like Nyala. Who knows, maybe it will even increase my productivity.

T

Quote From phdbug:

My sup cannot stand the sight of times new roman.... she is an arial fan.

I swear by Garamond!

Glad it's not just me bug! I'm currently writing the thesis in Garamond and just waiting for one of the sups to express outrage. :p

N

I confess I am tempted to submit work in a really silly font, like Curlz or Delta, just to see the comments my sup. would make.

I've just found a font called "Hobbit", and another called "Super Fly" (presumably the latter is exclusively for the use of guys from 1970s Harlem, who wear pimp-hats with a feather)