Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Show me the money!

F

Hi, I'm starting my PhD on October 1st at Bath now, and got my EPSRC CASE funding confirmation through today. I wondered if anyone had any idea when the first quarter's money comes through, as my undergrad degree has left me seriously broke!

V

I think the living expenses come to your account monthly, and your fees will be paid upon registration. So until you formally start in Oct, your account will not be credited.

A

Hi Freddy,

I am also at Bath and EPSRC funded. I get my susbsistance quarterly, so get 4 installments Jul, Oct, Jan, Apr it usually comes in the last week of the month before, i.e. I last got paid 25th June for Jul-Sept.
From memory, I got paid at the end of September when I started.
The fees get taken out directly.
Hope this helps

P

the day you start or around then. no earlier

F

I assumed that it wouldn't be until I registered, but wasn't sure how long I'd have to wait. Thanks for all your replies!

M

yep, I'm at Bath. Once you have registered towards the end of September, you can pick up a cheque for that quarter from the student finance office. Fees etc. are paid automatically. Subsequent payments are made electronically each quarter.

You will be invited to register online at the end of Aug/begining of september. Check http://www.bath.ac.uk/student-records/getreg/index.htm for more info.