Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

The result of the PhD interview

A

Hi all,

I was unsuccessful ,( I dint make it and you all were right they came back to me by email cos I had sent them one asking to expalin why I was rejected cos this is valuable to me to learn from my mistakes and they said that I was the final 2 and it was tough for them to decide. They think I had done very well in my interview so tehy dint see any flaws in me. However, the only reason why I dint make it was because I was more broad focused (for that research) and they needed a more specific focus on that issue and I demonstrated a broad but not specific focus to it.

But you know what I never wanted to do a PhD in the UK anyway for a bunch of reasons so even though this project was so good and I really liked it but I would have never been happy about my choice to move to the Northeast of the country. So now I am applying to other countries and otehr projects. And I even have 2 or 3 interviews in the next 2-3 weeks. So, fingers, toes, and everything crossed for me guys!!!!

thanks all for your support!!!!

AJ

A

Hey arajolie...your Phd will come...if you want it...the right one will come along. I applied for numerous PhDs and got a number of unsuccessful applications. But then I suddenly got two in the same week...then I had another problem to decide...when the time comes...you will get the PhD...at least you had an experience of the interview process and now you know what to expect next time :)...good luck and take care

A

Sorry to hear that, I had a bad feeling when you got the brush off from the office. I also was rejected a few times which makes an offer, when it comes, all the sweeter.

Good luck with your other interviews

A

H

Quote From Ady:

Sorry to hear that, I had a bad feeling when you got the brush off from the office. I also was rejected a few times which makes an offer, when it comes, all the sweeter.

The same for me too. I was rejected from a few, and it was really hard to take. But couple of months down the line I was given a project, that I probably didn't even dream of. So hang in there, you'll find something even better. Best of luck :)

R

Sorry to hear that, but it is good that you have more interviews lined up and with the feedback you had from the last interview it shows that you were very close to what they were looking for so take that as a confidence boost for your next interviews.

Best of luck with getting your PhD place.