Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Tired and furious

E

Yestarday I sent to my supervisors one of my theoretical chapters and I was hoping that I could rest for a week, before meeting with them.
But I was so wrong!
They just emailed me and told me to write another chapter in the week I have left!
I have the outline of the chapter, but writing a whole chapter in a week and work FT at the same time, isn't it too much?
I feel so tired but I have to work more!:-(

B

I'd say no to your supervisor if I was you! If you're working full-time, then writing a chapter in a week isn't feasible IMHO. There has to be some reality to this.

I got very good at saying no to my supervisors, due to my neurological disease. I always knew if something was too much, and wouldn't be backwards in saying so :)

C

Unless your sup lives in cloud cuckoo land he/she probably "just" meant get expanding on your outline .. showing where you're going to go.

I'd do a nice mind map and say this is where its going etc. Shows progress, looks organised and yet is quick to put together.

However, if your sup does live in cloud cuckoo land and is serious... you have my sympathy.

Either say no ..but if it were me I would probably meet them half way.. and have half a week off.

Well done on getting the chapter in.

Best. Chuff

B

Your supervisors are being ridiculous. Tell them so.