Close Home Forum Sign up / Log in

Do you listen to music while writing an essay?

J

Hello! I am wondeering how many per cent of students listen to music while writing a home assignment?
Do you?

M

I try to mix it up, so when I get bored will listen to music for abit. Although generally think I concentrate better with no music.

J

Look what i have found, it is an infographic which offers playlists for writing different types of papers.
What do you think about it?

R

Instrumental music works well for me to focus on what I need to do.

K

Try not to listen to songs with vocals, and if there are vocals, keep them incredibly simple. Personally I like both vocals and non-vocals when I write. But It is not a good habit

L

Hi there!
Actually there's no exact anser or the only proper opinion.
Some people do not like noisy music while others hate ambient.
This is why there's no perfect advice.
Here's a website, where you can choose a study playlist according to your mood and preferences.

All you have to do is to choose proper tags and start working with better flow.
Hope, that will help you.

I am easily distracted so usually I don't have music when I really need to concentrate. However, there are times when I am writing up something that I need to have some music playing.
I recently wrote up a large report over several days and worked through Wagner's Ring Cycle. I used the acts of the operas to indicate breaks (each act is approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes).
I like to listen to Beethoven's 9 symphonies when reading (40 minutes to an hour each).

I don't usually, but if I do then it's classical music lol :)

A

Yes, I would like to listen music while i am writing my lesson or essay. I can make good concentration with listen music.

C

I used to use music during exam time at undergraduate level as a study aid. For example, if I was studying for a history-style module, I listened to 'Coldplay' and in the exam, humming their songs would help me remember what I had been revising. So listening to music always helps me study!

J

Instrumental music. I was told by a disabilities advisor that t can help with music. I do find it helps when typing. AND remember to take lots of breaks and have some nice herbal teas or something to hydrate you

K

All the time, I play my last.fm radio stream at work, and when writing I compile a list of albums. I find post-rock, minimal-techno and minimal-house works for me. It's a matter of personal preference.

T

I like to listen to music all the time!

C

I do not like listening to music when working...

K

I listen to music not only while writing essay. I listen to music while walking with my dog while going home from a walk. While sitting home and doing some homework tasks or just doing nothing. I like to listen to music especially when I am on the bus or a train riding somewhere far, really far. Also, I listen to music when I am at the gym or when I am going to buy something. I don't even remember the last day when I left home without my earphones. And there are no situations music is annoying for me.