Distance Diploma/pgCert in molecular biology

C

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone new of any good distance short courses in this type of area? I find myself moving into this field in my career and wanted some formal academic experience and qualifications. I would be doing it alongside my current work. I already have a decent background but it is patchy.

T

Don't this. Molecular Biology is a practical science. You learn by doing. Just read a text book if you want the background, or something like this if it's relevant for what you want: info.addgene.org/download-addgenes-ebook-plasmids-101-3rd-edition

T

Is something wrong with this forum today? Because it keeps deleting my text.

Don't do this. Molecular Biology is a practical science. You learn by doing. Just read a text book if you want the background, or something like AddGene Plasmid 101 if it's relevant.

K

The Open University has some biology courses that are done through virtual labs online - have a look here:

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/find/biology

N

I agree with TreeofLife. It a practical subject. I teach undergrad labs in it. You can know all the theory behind the processes but that won't make you any good at doing the experiments.

You could try Birkbeck.

R

I agree with Nead, it is practical subject so better to go with full time course. Distance learning will not help in