I got a Distinction on my MA :)

F

Hi everyone

Just got my results for my MA in English Literature and I got a Distinction :)

I'm really pleased, but it was a real struggle at times, the workload was crazy and I had a lot of doubts about my own abilities along the way. However, there were lots of people on this forum who supported me and gave me good advice and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all their help and words of encouragement, and to wish everyone who's still studying all the best of luck with their work :)

Thanks guys :)

B

Well done, that's great news :) I've just started my MA and am already feeling the strain!

S

Congratulations - that's brilliant news :-) Really, really pleased for you!

N

Wow, thats amazing - well done!! I've just started my MSc and the workload is indeed crazy, and I haven't even started an assignment yet! Its inspiring to read about others who have found it difficult and achieved good results, so thanks! What are your plans now? Natassia x

F

Quote From Natassia:

Wow, thats amazing - well done!! I've just started my MSc and the workload is indeed crazy, and I haven't even started an assignment yet! Its inspiring to read about others who have found it difficult and achieved good results, so thanks! What are your plans now? Natassia x

I've been thinking a lot about what to do next, and taking into consideration the current discussions on the forum regarding the scarcity of academic jobs in the humanities, I've decided that I may pursue a career as an academic librarian. This way I get to stay involved in academic life but have a bit more job stability at the same time - plus I've always loved libraries and I think that librarianship is a worthwhile and potentially fulfilling career. In order to become qualified, however, I would have to take another Masters, so no doubt I'll be back on the forums at some point to share my stresses - I must be a sucker for punishment ;)

L

Quote From fricklesnarp:

Hi everyone

Just got my results for my MA in English Literature and I got a Distinction :)

I'm really pleased, but it was a real struggle at times, the workload was crazy and I had a lot of doubts about my own abilities along the way. However, there were lots of people on this forum who supported me and gave me good advice and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all their help and words of encouragement, and to wish everyone who's still studying all the best of luck with their work :)

Thanks guys :)

Hi Fricklesnarp,

I am genuinely pleased to read about your success. We encountered very similar problems. My tortuous wait goes on . . .